Jeremy Corbyn elected as Leader of the Labour Party

Sha

There have been many donkeys in red rosettes in this town, at last we agree. The lack of decent opposition keeps them in, especially the collapse of the lib dems and the only independents seem to be disgruntled former Party members trying to muddy things up for their former parties and a few loons.

Personally I hope Corbyn is a success and opposes and hopefully defeats some of the dreadful plans this Government has for the least well off.

Have to say I totally agree. The way that the Tory media have been ripping him apart for months suggests that they are more frightened of him than they let on. 

What with the Chuckle brothers on the government side and now with Tom & Jerry on the opposite the next few months could be interesting.

The knives of the Bliarite careerist are currently sheathed, except for a few no-marks saying they won't serve with him; but the strength of his victory shows the clear disconnect between career politicians and ordinary folk; which has resulted in a lack of interest in politics generally and a shift from the centre to the so-called extremes. Stand by for insider leaks to the press, close scrutiny of his sartorial appearance etc; all designed to undermine him; the establishment won't let this one go.

You have to at least respect the bloke for nailing his left wing colours firmly to the mast...many of his counterparts relinquished their "beliefs" years ago in return for  more respectable political careers & possible cabinet posts. I wonder what influence his union chum has had on this election & how will DC now fare when he goes back to Parliament to get backing for military involvement in Syria.

At last an end to New (Conservative) Labour! 

The Blairites don't want to be in Corbyn's Cabinet - and good bl**dy riddance to them!

What we've needed for a long time is a dam good clearing out of all the self serving hypocrite politicians - of all parties! Well this is a start!

I think many people who don't bother to vote might now take an active part.  

I also think Corbyn will appeal to both the working and middleclasses alike. The people who will really dislike him are likely to be those doing offshore tax evasion and their ilk.

Under Cameron, only Cameron and his cronies have really benefited, so I think many of his one time supporters may well be disillusioned with him and give Corbyn their vote in a general election.

I feel happy with today's result, I think there may be now some hope for Britain.

I've never been a member of any political party, but I'll be watching how Corbyn operates and if he shows that he genuinely means what he says I may well sign up in full support!  

I'm voting Germany.... they've already realised they made a slight mistake in offering to take in so many migrants and have shut the door on the border with Austria, revoking one of the founding principles of the free moment of people. Austrians today were complaining that they were being refused entry into Germany because they didn't have their passports with them and seeing as they haven't had to carry them for what, 20 years, it's hardly surprising.... (well Germany can get away with that though seeing as they run Europe I suppose)

I do love Germany, it's a wonderful clean country.... just a pity the fourth reich are in charge at the moment.... still once the people realise the extent to which they're being taken for mugs, they'll soon vote her out!

Good beer and vodka too though

I do love Germany, it's a wonderful clean country.... just a pity the fourth reich are in charge at the moment.... still once the people realise the extent to which they're being taken for mugs, they'll soon vote her out!

Good beer and vodka too though

Dream on Baz.