Another one bites the dust

Dizzy

Just ignore them Coffee,  if they are watching for your typos now that means they might not notice all the ones I always make :lol: :lol:

Thanks everyone, but I can take insults, I am in sales! I recall my very first cold call, the caller told me to F... Off, ranted on about how busy he is and was sick of being interrupted by unimportant A... Holes like me, before slamming down the phone; So that is how I first came across PJ :)

Really?  Now please tell me who corrected anything Coffee posted.

You did PJ, in the refugee thread :)

Thanks everyone, but I can take insults, I am in sales! I recall my very first cold call, the caller told me to F... Off, ranted on about how busy he is and was sick of being interrupted by unimportant A... Holes like me, before slamming down the phone; So that is how I first came across PJ :)

You did PJ, in the refugee thread :)

I have corrected you in many threads but not this one, Grey Man got it wrong but don't expect an admission, he will try to bluster his way through using big words hoping people don't notice how stupid he made himself look.

I have corrected you in many threads but not this one, Grey Man got it wrong but don't expect an admission, he will try to bluster his way through using big words hoping people don't notice how stupid he made himself look.

PJ's Law in action. Big slow hand clap.  

The rule is, if you want to go around correcting other people's grammer and spelin, make sure your own is flawless first. Have you thought about employing Gary as a sub-editor so you don't make yourself look silly chewing other people about their posts when you don't know the difference between a comma and a full stop yourself?  

PJ's Law in action. Big slow hand clap.  

The rule is, if you want to go around correcting other people's grammer and spelin, make sure your own is flawless first. Have you thought about employing Gary as a sub-editor so you don't make yourself look silly chewing other people about their posts when you don't know the difference between a comma and a full stop yourself?  

psst I didn't correct  her spelling, I alluded to Asperity's self proclaimed pedantry.  In your eagerness to be offended by things I post you missed the point entirely but nothing new there.  When I said I had corrected Coffee it was on matters regarding facts not syntax.  As for your claim I am wrong about the main point, please point out where my opinion regarding the demolition of the Ship inn is wrong, I have looked but can't find it.

Is anyone interested in this topic or is it just a forum for correct English.

I have in front of me drawings produced by Elan showing the original building, the approved scheme and the new proposed scheme, dated 16/09/2015. I am impressed by how quickly a new scheme was drawn up. It is for a modern white-painted semi with some bits attached to make it look old. The proportions of the frontage, roof line, chimneys, windows, door etc all appear to have changed. I presume Elan will make this available in the hope that it will be approved by public and planners. But don't expect to see the original.

My first reaction to the collapse was that it would replicated as is done all over the world after, for example, war damage. Why is this not possible? The original approved scheme accepted the limitations of an old building, more low profile than modern homes, so they were prepared to accept its 'shape'. They must be pushed to copy it faithfully, if only to restore some faith in the planning system.

• Upvote 1

Any chance we can get back to discussing the Ship Inn now please......................

I've been reading through the plans but all I can find is reference to it being converted into 2 houses/apartments but also that part of the SINGLE STOREY extension was due to be demolished.

I couldn't find any drawing plans showing exactly which bit was going or the plans for how the locally listed building would be converted.  They might be there though as there are a lot of docs so maybe I've just missed them, has anyone else seen them?

Is that (the demolition of single story) what they were doing when it fell down or had they already done that?  Why would a plaster have been working inside by the way as surely plasteres only go in AFTER major works have been done.  

I will e mail the police later and see if they have anything to say about the circumstance of the building having to be demolished?

PS Was thinking of asking Gary if he had a vacancy for an investigative reporter, but having seen my spelling I guess I know what the answer will be :)

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...