Syrian immigrants

Egbert

Wow! and from such a reliable, unbiased source ha.

For the uninitiated, Rebel Media is an online opinion blog, run by a bunch of former Canadian Sun goons who lost their jobs after the news television channel went bankrupt and collapsed. (Although staunch capitalists, they were not terribly good at practicing what they preach.)  Rebel Media articles range from bigoted complaints about feminism, xenophobic attacks on Muslims etc..

We were watching the news footage on TV the other day which was showing masses trying to cross borders along with footage of ones who had already crossed and were waiting for coaches and trains to take them to 'wherever'.  We both commented at the time that they all seemed to be men and there were very few women and children. 

I must say there are a couple of things that have caught my eye....firstly ,saying these people have been on the road so long, many of them look so well dressed & spotless.Secondly, there was a migrant with his i phone out yesterday caught on camera & from my experience you are lucky to get 24 hours off a charge. There must be phone charging points along the byways of Eastern Europe.

• Upvote 1

Wow! and from such a reliable, unbiased source ha.

For the uninitiated, Rebel Media is an online opinion blog, run by a bunch of former Canadian Sun goons who lost their jobs after the news television channel went bankrupt and collapsed. (Although staunch capitalists, they were not terribly good at practicing what they preach.)  Rebel Media articles range from bigoted complaints about feminism, xenophobic attacks on Muslims etc..

And who should I believe P J, the BBC with its edited footage that showed the Hungarian police letting off tear gas without showing the run up to what happened, at least the video shows why it happened, or how they go on about women and children when 72% of these are men. Every single person they interview is an engineer, a Doctor, dentist, teacher????

NOw I wasn't going to get involved in the media use of the dead little boy, but it was implied somehow it was the fault of Europe that this boy died. Who put him on that boat without a life jacket, his wife did not want to go but she was forced to. The guy had a house and a job in Turkey but wanted more, so he paid a reported €5000 to get his family across to Greece, could he not have found an additional €50 for life jackets. Unless you send ships or aircraft over for the migrants - and even Merkel is not proposing that, or the Swedes - they will continue to cross the sea in dodgy boats, the likely hood of death is around 0.72%. However there is a land boarder too.

Fact is the video makes a lot of sense to me whatever the back ground of the reporter.

If you have facts that you can prove are wrong in the video, please post them

Anyone watching TV News, at the moment can see it; bleeding hearts simply don't want to see it. The vast majority of these people are economic migrants, mainly middle class professionals with plenty of cash. The high numbers of young men of military age, brave enough to throw stones at Hungarian police, but evidently not brave enough to defend their country against ISIS; could be immediately deported; something the Hungarian border guards have allegedly started to do, following a 10 minute interview. Now that Croatia is being invaded, they too, now realise what's required, as will many more EU countries.

The Germans did nothing to help the situation by stating they would take 800,000 and then after a few days realised that was far too ambitious and then demanded that every other country in Europe should share the burden and promptly shut their borders and ripped up the Shengen agreement. Germany IS Europe and so they will now no doubt place massive pressure on every other country by threatening sanctions, refusing bailouts and heaven knows what else.

The fact that these migrants resort to violence against the Police and property immediately they don't get their own way should be warning enough. I wonder how many of the people currently on the move through Europe to flee fighting in Syria and Iraq have actually come from refugee camps in Lebanon and Turkey? They can't all have come straight out of Syria and Iraq.

Baz I imagine a lot of the Balkan countries migrants are mixing in with Syrian refugees.  Human beings are opportunists.  These should indeed be refused entry as you say.  As for Germany , I am sure they temporarily stopped the flow of refugees in order to catch up with the inherent problems of dealing with such an influx of people. I read that refugees are still arriving in Germany  As for them refusing bailouts,  isn't that them saying if you won't help others you don't deserve help from others which is a sentiment most people should appreciate.  It is a God awful mess but this is what happens when wars are started.

Errm, hang on Baz; If Merkel had a clue, she'd be getting the Luftwaffe to transport them to the refugee camps in Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan; and providing the funding to maintain those camps. The simple answer is just turn them round and send them back, once the word gets out, that they've no chance, then the exodus will subside.

I must say there are a couple of things that have caught my eye....firstly ,saying these people have been on the road so long, many of them look so well dressed & spotless.Secondly, there was a migrant with his i phone out yesterday caught on camera & from my experience you are lucky to get 24 hours off a charge. There must be phone charging points along the byways of Eastern Europe.

They came through Turkey, land of cheap knock off clothes etc.  Ray Ban copies are 5 Euros.  As for phones,  you do know that Syria is not a completely backward and neolithic nation , even though war is raging.  People there have phones, its not a crime.  Here is a link to an FT piece on the subject.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/09625b90-56fc-11e5-a28b-50226830d644.html#axzz3m76v9kKN

Errm, hang on Baz; If Merkel had a clue, she'd be getting the Luftwaffe to transport them to the refugee camps in Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan; and providing the funding to maintain those camps. The simple answer is just turn them round and send them back, once the word gets out, that they've no chance, then the exodus will subside.

Myopic swinging brick illogic.

If I understand correctly, Germany did not shut the borders, she simply suspended the Schengen agreement and instigated border controls, i.e. checking the identity of the immigrants before allowing them in. I believe Germany needs a lot of immigration to sustain their workforce so probably welcomes a load of young men.

If I understand correctly, Germany did not shut the borders, she simply suspended the Schengen agreement and instigated border controls, i.e. checking the identity of the immigrants before allowing them in. I believe Germany needs a lot of immigration to sustain their workforce so probably welcomes a load of young men.

Correct to a degree,  but how does Britain intend to sustain its ever increasing proportion of pensioners to workers?

They came through Turkey, land of cheap knock off clothes etc.  Ray Ban copies are 5 Euros.  As for phones,  you do know that Syria is not a completely backward and neolithic nation , even though war is raging.  People there have phones, its not a crime.  Here is a link to an FT piece on the subject.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/09625b90-56fc-11e5-a28b-50226830d644.html#axzz3m76v9kKN

And do said Syrian phones have a charging lead that stretches all the way back to Syria then ?

• Upvote 1

In effect they did shut the borders.... if you lived in any bordering country and tried to pass into Germany then you were refused entry, regardless if you were an EU citizen....visavee they shut the borders because no EU citizen on mainland Europe has had to carry a passport for over 20 years to get into Germany. 

As for needing young men, would you be comforatble with having hundreds of thousands of men for whom it is almost impossible to carry out any background checks on? They may not be working in schools, but would you feel safe working alongside someone who has an unknown past?

I know I wouldn't!

• Upvote 1

In effect they did shut the borders.... if you lived in any bordering country and tried to pass into Germany then you were refused entry, regardless if you were an EU citizen....visavee they shut the borders because no EU citizen on mainland Europe has had to carry a passport for over 20 years to get into Germany. 

As for needing young men, would you be comforatble with having hundreds of thousands of men for whom it is almost impossible to carry out any background checks on? They may not be working in schools, but would you feel safe working alongside someone who has an unknown past?

I know I wouldn't!

2a9dttx.jpg:D :D :D

Do you genuinely know the past of everyone you work alongside, I know I don't.  As a contractor a lot of the people I work alongside, I don't even know their names, country of origin, politics or bra size

I'm sure the inhabitants of the Schengen countries didn't throw their passports away when the agreement came into effect Baz. And Germany is allowing immigrants in once they have been processed which will involve checking into their credentials. I work with 5 different nationalites amongst my crew of 9 and they all could have "dark" pasts for all I know.