Syrian immigrants

Egbert

Yes in the instance of this photo about 3 years too late. The public sympathy for the refugees and will to help is still there, they just don't scream as loud and as often as the hate brigades. Germany still expect to take in 500000 in a year making the UKs pitiful offer of 20000 over 5 years shameful considering our part in creating a lot of the upheaval. I never thought Britain would get a lesson in humanity from the German people but the world has changed.

Humanity as you call it, it merely knee jerk emotion. Decision making based on emotion tends to be irrational and merely creates further problems down the road. The Germans or rather Frau Merkel, invited them all to Germany without any idea of how they would manage and now they realise they can't manage. The majority of this exodus are clearly economic migrants not refugees; many aren't even Syrian. The real refugees are where they supposed to be by international law, in the next safe countries (Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan), in camps that aren't being sufficiently funded. At least call me Dave, has the sense to recognise this, and the UK has supplied more funding to their relief than any other EU State. He's also recognised that, having had proper processing, these genuine refugees will be the one's the UK will take. Maybe it's too late, but as an air of logical decision making begins to permeate through European Governments, we may get sanity restored.

Seems a great idea to encourage all the migrants up through Europe then suddenly close the border leaving them stranded. They will now have to settle in Serbia along with all the others being dragged along in their wake.At least it will protect the structure of the northern European countries & provide these people with a refuge closer to their homes so they can get back to Syria asap when the conflict is resolved.

"Act properly" - to my mind, "acting properly" is to act within and according to the law. There has been in place perfectly legal avenues for economic migrants to apply for a visa to stay in a country of their choice, providing of course, that the said country will give them a visa, and a sensibly managed immigration policy would allow US to pick and choose the skills we need for economic growth.. Thousands of foreign nationals are given visas to study at our universities, the fact that some over-stay and disappear is another matter. When it comes to refugees, the law is quite clear, and that's why Dave is concentrating on those that have "acted properly" by staying in the refugee camps in Turkey etc.   Dave51; you don't imagine that many of these will "go back" do you; maybe for a holiday when it's all over?!

The "flag posts" are nothing to do with me, and I'm not quoting them. But you can check out the Danish allegations. As for propaganda, we get it on TV news every night, pictures of these poor folk - they're only "poor folk" through their own decision to illegally enter other countries; and now Hungary is prepared to recognise this fact, and treat them accordingly.

So Hungary are your new heroes, taken over from Australia have they?  This was a vicious hate filled scare story based completely in lies and misusing a three and a half year old photograph that was neither of Syrians, nor of Refugees and even the case of it being an Isis flag is in doubt but the haters were frothing at the mouth in their eagerness to believe this bile.  Hungary will kick and spit but Hungary will do as it is told or Hungary will be getting spanked.

Huh? I've just told you, that the ISIS flag incident was nothing to do with me; and your still banging on about it. Hungary hasn't overtaken Australia; merely on a par, having like many other EU nations, reasoned, that illegal entry into a nation state is exactly that ILLEGAL; and now have the sense to apply restrictions. Even Germany has ditched Shengen to protect it's border with Austria, having finally realised the practical limits of it's hospitality.

• Upvote 1