Syrian immigrants

Egbert

To put Observers ideals regarding the refugees into a bit of context,in Paris  he would have locked the doors out of the theatre and told all the women and children to stay in the foyer as the terrorists were killing in the main hall and then sent all the males aged 16 to 50 back in to fight them whilst he had a slap up meal over the road in safety.

Well if you are going out armed to the teeth on a suicide killing spree you wouldn't want to break the law by not carrying ID ffs.

No you wouldn't!!!

Does it? If you have patrolled and fenced borders then slightly, even before Schengen the only place that happened was with the old eastern block countries. As the Uk knows all to well,land borders are very porous, if you are doing something elegel you just avoid the manned border crossings. The U.K. Could not stop the IRA moving freely across the Irish border, I am amazed how quickly Obs and Coffee forgot this, probably because it was inconvenient to the point they are trying to make!!!

I do agree with Obs on ISIS, they should be put to the sword.

Do you lock your house and car when leaving, houses and cars get robbed so why bother locking them?

Full???? A camp(s) can be built as large as is required, but they require schools, hospitals and other infrastructure to be provided. Any one capable of paying traffickers $1,000 a pop, for a dodgy boat trip, isn't exactly destitute. The poor and vunerable are in the Refugee Camps cos they can't afford the trip. Ironically, our Tory Gov is helping the poorest from the camps to come here, rather than the I'm alright Jack Tories, who are walking to Germany ! At the end of the day, they are ILLEGAL entrants; the majority are economic chancers, and should be screened and deported asap. But I'm gagging to know, just what your going to do with the next million that come, then the million after that? Even the Germans and Swedes are realising that they can't cope with the first million. (ignores stupid post from PJ!).

Coffee

The UK could not stop the IRA moving freely over the land border, even with patrols and helicopters, mainland Europe has the same problem, As said even before Schengen was introduced the only borders with fencing and watch towers was Europe's borders with the Eastern block. Its next to impossible to secure a land border, something the UK knows all to well.

Who's paying for the camps Obs, Greece is skint as you know, they are not receiving enough money, neither is Turkey, add to that the refugees don't want to stop there, those Countries are glad to see the back of them as they can't afford to have them. you want refugee camps tell me wheres the money is going to come from. its a whole and an increasing one at that. the numbers are just to vast, Send the army in stabilise Syria.

... and that's an excuse for not bothering then ?  :roll:  Errm Kije, think your behind the curve on this one; the UK is the second largest contributor to funding the camps; not enough perhaps, but the UN should be getting more money from the international community to fund them. The EU has offered Turkey a £billion. The money ultimately, as ever, will come from us tax-payers; either to fund these people in situ, or fund them here, I prefer the former.

Lt Kije, houses get burgled everyday, I therefore presume you do not bother locking your house when you leave it empty.

Because you can not secure a boarder 100% does not mean it is not effective and some IRA plots did get stopped

I do not get why they can not have giant x ray machines on boarders for trucks and containers,

The UK could not stop the IRA moving freely over the land border, even with patrols and helicopters, mainland Europe has the same problem, As said even before Schengen was introduced the only borders with fencing and watch towers was Europe's borders with the Eastern block. Its next to impossible to secure a land border, something the UK knows all to well.

So there is a start then.... we know that the old Eastern block were very good at securing their borders.....

What a great idea Baz, an iron curtain round every country, sometimes you really need to think before posting

So we have a situation where we have open borders.... we have seen almost a million refugees streaming through those open borders... we have also seen examples of the kind of violence they are capable of exerting if they don't get their own way to be allowed to head through countless safe countries to reach their goals of Germany, Sweden etc etc.....

If it turns out that just one of the murdering Islamic terrorists that perpetrated the carnage in Paris came through those open borders then how is it now sensible to keep those borders open and let millions more unchecked immigrants through?

If just one murders 10 people, is that OK? If two murder 20, is that OK? How many have to get through and how many more acts like the one in Paris has to occur before you decide that enough is enough? Do they have to carry out a massacre in London? In Manchester? In the Trafford Centre when you are there with your family doing the Christmas shopping??????

If it does turn out that one of these murderers has come through the routes currently through Europe (and it has been reported that at least one was registered in Greece - apparently confirmed by some Greek Government official) that must surely be a game changer?

I would also be a bit wary about the fact that one of these murderers was also French and was also known to the authorities as an Islamic extremist... If the authorities in any country have such information on these people, why are they still free to roam the streets?

• Upvote 1

I was speaking to a person yesterday and he truly believed that ALL refugees should be shot on site, absolutely adamant that this was an ok approach to the refugee problem.  When pulled on his views he said, "I don't care, I don't do compassion".  When you have this sort of nonsense being spouted shouldn't they also be banged up for their own good and the safety of the public?

Coffee putting X ray machines at borders worked well with the IRA, because they didn't get any bombs through did they?

Baz, Borders have always been open, there has been open borders since the war, no borders in Europe were guarded along the whole length, they never have been. Both you and Obs are harking on about something that has never been. There has never been a massive fence with search lights and border gaurds along the whole length of the border between Spain and Portugal, or Finland and Norway etc. Road and rail crossings were guarded

Only in your world of free speech, just so long as it's PC ! I've seen worse than that on some web sites, and heard worse anecdotally ! Kije: during WW2 nearly every German spy who entered the UK was caught, and turned to work for British intelligence; with one exception being the last man to be hanged in the Tower of London. That was with less technology, but perhaps more motivation, than we have now.

Only in your world of free speech, just so long as it's PC ! I've seen worse than that on some web sites, and heard worse anecdotally ! 

If a Muslim was suggesting that millions of Europeans should be shot on sight I am sure you would be just as quick to leap to their defence and pass it off as free speech.

Not sure what your point on German spy's Obs, there has never been barbed wire fences on the borders of European countries. All Schengen did was to get rid of border controls on roads, it did not lead to barbed wire fences and watch towers vpbeing taken down, the British did not put barbed wire fences and watch towers along the length of the border. As you know!

Some Muslims would be suggesting "millions of Europeans should be shot on site" every day; not only suggesting, but actually doing it, as in Paris the other night.  :rolleyes:       Kije: merely illustrating that when motivated and resourced; our police and intelligence services can round up would be terrorists or spys; which they did in WW2 without the aid of modern technologies.  :wink:    

Some Muslims would be suggesting "millions of Europeans should be shot on site" every day; not only suggesting, but actually doing it, as in Paris the other night. 

you really are ignorant aren't you?   So you defend their right to free speech then, these hate mongers?

Some Muslims would be suggesting "millions of Europeans should be shot on site" every day; not only suggesting, but actually doing it, as in Paris the other night.  :rolleyes:       Kije: merely illustrating that when motivated and resourced; our police and intelligence services can round up would be terrorists or spys; which they did in WW2 without the aid of modern technologies.  :wink:

Can they, so why was Warrington bombed, why was Manchester bombed, and moving forward even further why was tube bombed in London

Yep - talking the talk is a million miles away from walking the walk. Free speech is available to all, not just to the PC thought police to use when it suits them, and banned when it doesn't. I know it may have come as a shock, to hear some guy saying "shoot them"; but I'm afraid I hear those sentiments every day, when the subject gets broached - just talk - but it discloses a main stream attitude to this invasion, obviously not shared by the naïve and gullible bleeding hearts. Kije: because at the time another set of brainwashed religious zealots, had kicked off.