Immigration?

observer

Fair point. Guess what I tried to say is that neither in reality will result in a dramatic reduction in immigration. Main parties because it would cost them the "liberal" votes that they need to keep/take power, and the BNP because they will never get enough votes.

The reality is that immigration reduces when the UK becomes economically unattractive in comparison to elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

I havn't been on this website for over 12 months. I thought i'd have a look in and see what's winding people up. The old immigration chestnut seems to be doing the trick.

This forum, it seams , is clogged with a minority of over zealous, daily mail waving,conservative, racist bigots. The whole tone of this thread leaves a very nasty taste in ones mouth. I hear these banal, boring conversations in construction site tea rooms on almost a daily basis by people who can bearly string a couple of sentences together. If you go looking for bad, all you will find is bad, ie , reading the daily mail and logging onto migration watch website. There's always two sides to a story, take the blinkers off and see the world from other perspectives.In any given society there's always gonna be shirkers and the takers, but not's let tar every economic migrant with the same brush, the vast majority come here to make a better life for themselves and in doing so contribute to our society.What's wrong with that?

Ratman....

• 1 month later...

Seems no one is prepared to get a grip of the immigration farce: latest - over 6,000 "illegal" immigrants have been issued with NI numbers; many securing employment (illegally) with private security firms; which in turn contract to the Government. :roll: Yer just couldn't make this up! :roll:

Ratman I'll tell you whats wrong with it.

The United Kingdom took thousands of years to develop itself from peasants living in mud huts.

We are a tiny island in which a few people by birth and hard work of our forefathers have been lucky enough to enter this world in a somewhat civilised, law abiding utopia of respect for fellow men.

As good as it is, it is not an infinate supply of land, housing, jobs and economical balance.

Over the past 50 years, especialy the last 12 the resources of this country has deminished vastly, while its immigrant population has grown.

We nationals are loosing our identity, culture and national weatlth all in the name of being fair to those not fortunate enough to be born here.

Is it racism to say enough already ?, is it racism to say, sorry we are full?

The UK needs time to settle, too many are coming here to take a peice of the pie, I don't blame them for wanting to, but were no longer in a possition to offer succor.

We have average house prices now at ?150,000.00 and I suspect the average sallary is only ?30,000.00 at best, so mr average cannot but a house except by taking out fince at 5x which 20 years ago a mortgage lender would have laughed at as unaffordable...he was right but we have no choice.

this is driven by more people in the country requiring housing...simple!

the roads were announced yesterday as the most congested in the world, well every car needs a driver...what % are immigrants do you think.

Our NHS once the pride of the nation is now the poor man of europe becouse it cant cope.

Im not blaming these bad things on immigrants, I'm saying they are a contributory factor.

I dont want anything bad to happen to people from abroad, I dont want them to suffer in any way, maybe instead of coming here they should model their economy on ours and create their own wealth state as we have no real export industry anymore, all we have is people, they have lots of them too.

Why is it we can no longer complain about being abused without some half minded fool accusing us of an imorral dislike of foriegners, race or religeon, its only so their weak arguments can have impact.

you say they add to the ecoconomy, plenty do, however I firmly believe that this is offset by those that drain the ecconomy, of which there are only official figures of the ones we know about.

I am not racist

most british people arnt racist

were just fed up of being told to like it or be branded racist...well were not, but we still dont like it.

The gates should now be closed. Failed assylum seakers can be shipped out...DNA will tell us where to!

Let us put britain back on the map our own way, it was only when we were allowed to do this did we help the developed world the most as it was us that made it developed.

[ 17.01.2008, 12:50: Message edited by: legion ]

Watched a TV PROG showing just how Africans enter Europe ILLEGALY: via Libya to Italy and Malta; and of course via the Canaries. :o BUT what perplexed me was the way they are dealt with when caught. :o Meanwhile, on the Eastern Front; another of our EU Members (Poland); is doing the same thing by releasing large numbers of Ukranianians into the system. :o Clearly the UK, isn't the only incompetant nation in the world - the sooner we can escape the madness of the European Union the better. :x

The daily express supported my a government minister on tv today said that immigrants here are also allowed to claim child benefits even though the children are living in their own country, never been to England, never will come to England, and the Government do not know if they are telling the truth about the amount of children they claim to have.

What sort of madness is this.

Does this mean I can claim for my child born in the UK and as parents we paid taxes upto the day we left ?....somthing tell me NO

We Ex Pats get together over here and talk about how we can not belive what is happening in the UK..

Over here in the USA no chance of getting somthing for nothing...We started paying taxes here from day one...

Originally posted by little fella:

The daily express supported my a government minister on tv today said that immigrants here are also allowed to claim child benefits even though the children are living in their own country, never been to England, never will come to England, and the Government do not know if they are telling the truth about the amount of children they claim to have.

What sort of madness is this.

I'm sure that I saw a headline saying this was costing ?5 Billion a year.