Immigration?

observer

Unfortunately Alana you are not in Europe! and we have no agreements with the USA. If you had gone to France Spain Poland you could. I heard a good story today about a Polish couple; he got a job and was working here quite legally, after a trip home his wife got pregnant. She then came to England for a 6 month visit to her husband, had the baby here because the hospital is better than in Poland. She has now gone back home to look after the rest of the family and he now claims benefits not just for the baby but for the mother as well.

I just dont understand. and it does make me annoyed.

Here we are saying to our own people ?you are claiming too much in invalidity payments?, means testing really sick people yet just letting money flood out the back door.

It is so sad all that I hear now about the UK..

And very annoying when people who have worked all their lives and are having to scrimp and save and then are scared in case they have too much saved that it gets taken into account....

Sorry to say I think I am now glad that we dont live in the UK and I never thought I would feel that way...dont get me wrong the UK will always be 'home' but it is sooooo different than the UK I left nearly 15 years ago.

• 1 month later...

There is only one answer to this problem. Get out of Europe and mine the channel. No other European country would put up with it so why the hell should we.

All these people who want to be in Europe can pack their bags and go and leave this country. I am getting very angry that my standard of living is going so far down that I cannot afford to buy what I want because of the tax I am forced to pay to keep some sponging ...... from another country.

• 3 weeks later...

Seems a committee of the "unelected" House of Lords have concluded that "immigration has had little or no economic benefits for the UK". :roll: So it's taken around three years for the penny to drop with the Lords, who are now calling for a cap on immigration; but the New Labour Commons, who created this open door debacle, are still in denial. :x

If "foreigners" are no good for the UK why was all the backlog of baggage at Heathrow sent to Italy to be sorted? Are the British incapable of sorting out their own mess? Seems like you do need some foreigners here after all!

Why couldn't some of the indigenous people have been given a temp contract to work towards sorting out the baggage issue?

Someone needs to total up what the "immigrants" are doing - ie: 25% of the NHS is made up of foreign doctors and nurses. If we packed everyone off out of the country tomorrow - do you really think you would be able to sustain the economy and country alone?

Anyone know how "immigrant" was defined in that report? Makes it easier to see their calculations.....

Immigration...it's all a question of balance and management.

I understand the baggage sent to Italy is for destinations in mainland Europe, giving BA the benefit of doubt, there might be method in their madness....of course others might say, to avoid continuing embarrassment best to get the luggage as far from Heathrow as possible. :wink:

Seems, like the Government HL, you've not rationalised the situation: "immigrants" fall into several groups: 1) EU Nationals: allowed in without any restrictions, because of the Government's earlier thoughtless commitment to an "open door" policy and the free movement of labour dictat of the EU. These are basically economic migrants, some with skills, some without; prepared to be exploited by employers as cheap labour; and claiming benefits to send home or bringing families (none English speaking), to add pressure to our schools and hospitals. Oh yes, most work and pay taxes, but this is easily counter balanced by the costs of services and benefits EG: Education per child ?5,0000pa. :roll: 3) However, should those in catagory "2" experience difficulties staying here, they cry "assylum" and stay for years whilst human rights lawyers pursue their case through the courts on the back of legal aid - paid for by the taxpayer. This catagory are NOT allowed to work, and are paid in food vouchers by the hosts. International "assylum" rules require travel to the "next nearest" safe Country; but these "assylum seekers" will have travelled half way round the world to reach their objective - the UK. :roll:

• 1 month later...

Seems a Commons select cttee, has criticised the fact that there are no checks on numbers coming in to the UK, or numbers going out - basically a complete shambles, showing that the Government havn't got a clue - maybe we should have a few nightclub doormen running things?! :roll::wink:

Seems a Commons select cttee, has criticised the fact that there are no checks on numbers coming in to the UK, or numbers going out - basically a complete shambles, showing that the Government havn't got a clue - maybe we should have a few nightclub doormen running things?! :roll::wink:

So why is it so difficult for a person to try and obtain work permits for this country if they are from the West ?? i.e. America ........... or is the 'open invite' only to those from the East and 'dead end' parts of Europe ??? it seems there's no end to that side !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!