Immigration?

observer

We are descendends of immigrants HL; from the original humans who spread throughout the globe from Africa. They then settled in different areas and their physical appearance changed as they adapted to their enviroments. However, this took millions of years of evolution. :roll: As for positives; it's a myth; any population increase brings demands as well as supply; and if it occurs rapidly, without any preparation or planning (as is the current case); it can bring chaos. :roll:

But there are still more natives who claim benefits than immigrants. Why should those who have never worked a day in their life be entitled to claim benefits just because (by chance) they happened to be born here? They should be no more entitled to those benefits than those who come in fresh to the country!

There are lots of jobs in this country - why aren't the natives getting up off their backsides and working? Perhaps we need to sort our own lot out before we start blaming the new arrivals for copying this behaviour?

[ 04.11.2007, 14:21: Message edited by: harmless loony ]

Well here's the rub HL: we have approxiamately 5million economically inactive indigenous Brits, dependent on various types of benefit, to which most are no doubt entitled. This has derived from the Thatcher legacy: when she determined to curb the power of organised labour, de-man or even close down our industrial base; she needed to be able to allow for mass unemployment. She was opportunely aided in this endevour by the revenues from North Sea Oil, which rather than being used to improve our economic and social infrastructure, were used to keep folk out of work. Because of the embarrassment of a large number of unemployed on the register; many were gradually transfered to other benefits such as incapacity; this has continued to-date; with now second and third generations never knowing work, only benefit dependence. :(

[ 04.11.2007, 14:52: Message edited by: observer ]

That's the problem HL; "the Politicians" havn't been "playing that card": in fact they've all been in denial for the past ten years, as any rational appraisal of immigration and demographics is immediatley howled down by the PC Brigade as racist. :roll: However, the BNP, and to an extent UKIP don't have those concerns, and thus will be the only beneficeries of this political void. :roll:

HL, I'm sorry if I've upset you but I wasn't talking of families like yours that have lived in England for Generations, have paid taxes, worked hard and have done everything within the Law. England does have a big problem and they need to solve it and looking back on History will not solve anything. Back then Different people, different world and different mind set.

I moved to another country and respect the laws and the way of life over here and I just want the people going into my country to do the same.

Yes there are alot of English born people that abuse the system but having a larger population will only make the system break down.

I agree Peter - that's the point I'm making. Everyone is so keen on dealing with the immigrant issue - they're not looking at our home grown problems which are just as relevant. But then I suppose immigration makes great headlines and preys on people's odd fears hence why politicians love playing that card.

HL - that is the way politicians get elected by using old fears! That is also the way my president got re-elected and it stinks.

We occasionally have a problem with immigration over here but they play it down so that, we the people, don't remind them that 98% are from immigrant stock.

Well it seems the powers`that be are discovering that un-managed immigration is placing a strain on public services and compromising anti-poverty efforts in poor areas. Well go to the top of the class and give the pencils out for that lightening bolt of common sense. And here's me thinking, all these immigrants came over here to contribute to society, becoming millionaires and buying our football clubs!

Here we go WW - looks like it was about legal immigrants, originally.

I read that myself Observer. Chaos, utter chaos. I guess in the name of political correctness it is not possible to consider, as a first step, that those people whose accent is not from these shores, might be here illegally and therefore might merit some thought as to their status. Also I seem to recall that employers had a legal duty to ensure they did not employ illegals.

No wonder those migrants who are here legally are so annoyed that they do the right thing and a blind eye is turned to those who do not. :(

[ 11.11.2007, 15:04: Message edited by: Paul Kennedy ]

Neither the former or the latter in the short to medium term, Observer.

Interestingly I was chatting to somebody who had been canvassing in Blackpool, an area of nice executive style homes. He was shocked that people said that after due consideration that if the BNP stood they would vote for them, and implied that if they didn't stand then they would not vote at all.