Immigration?

observer

We fight is Libya as we did in Iraq to secure the flow of oil, so your solution would affect the supply of oil, we would probably have to pay more for it . We fight in Afghanistan to stop the base of muslim militants, seems to me you have not costed your plan out very well.

If we went your way we would have an insecure flow of energy and be paying more for it and we would have more terrorists to deal with.

Good plan :shock::wacko::huh:

I'm sorry if I'm beginning to be an annoying little intermittent squeak in the great big 'Obs and Lt K' revolving door but....

If the UK and others? are shelling out millions/billions? on 'trying' to solve both legal and illegal immigration problems without actually ever getting anywhere just to keep oil prices low wouldn't we be best off saying 'NO' to immigration saving all that money and paying more for our oil until a solution is actually found.

If there wasn't so much emphasis placed on the importance of oil and it's price too then maybe some of the need and cause of conflicts would also diminish slightly.

With less immigration there would be more jobs available for the ever growing list of the UK's jobless rather than them going to immigrants instead (did anyone read my link earlier by the way). More UK bods working would mean more taxes paid to the government and also less handouts and benefits paid to immigrants which are then inturn sent to family back home and not spent here. Not to mention the savings on homing all the illegal ones due to their human rights while their specific cases and needs are looked into.

Maybe not.....and I could probably go on but you're probably bored by now and not reading anyway and I was just thinking out loud. <_<

If we paid a fair price for everything, we would pay more they would have more and Immigration would be less of an issue.

I have no idea at all what you mean there Lt as it doesn't make sense :blink:

Are you disagreeing with yourslef ?

We had a trade agreement with Gadaffi (which presumably included oil); remember Bliar snogging with him in his tent? However, if we were more self sufficient in energy (something else I've advocated), we wouldn't need to depend on others. We also had an agreement with Gadaffi to stop migration from Africa through Libya to Europe, that's now been lost, with Libyans themselves making the trip across to Lampedusa to avoid the bombing etc. The original reason for our involvement in Afghanistan was to eliminate it as a base for Al Quadeda (who's agenda is international), unfortunately we confused the Taliban (who's agenda is purely domestic) with them, and then mission creap set in, with one new reason after another being given for our presence. All we've done is encourage migration from there to Europe via Turkey and Greece, the streets of Athens are full of these people "looking for a better life", while our soldiers are shedding their blood for "their freedom" in Afghanistan. Both involvements are costing us £billions; at a time when we're being told to tighten our belts. However, not just me saying it now Kije; seems a Tory Minister wants employers to priorities British workers, alas rhetoric in the face of our EU masters dictates. btw good post Diz.

• Upvote 1

Notice the Government are to review article 8 of the EHRA - which gives "a right to a family life". It seems it's being used by female immigrants, to bring their kids over here to join them - no mention of sending the mother to join the kids, in order to continue a "family life". Now is this yet more rhetoric from Tory Ministers - will they actually have the gonads to revoke the EHRA? :angry:

Interesting CH4 Dispatches prog tonight by Jon Snow - whilst it was about the boom in exploitative landlords, it showed "illegal" immigrants living in one room of a house or even in rear sheds. These happened to be Indian nationals over here on bogus student visas. The immigrants were paying £40pw with five (incl one family) living in this two bedroom house. Showed an interesting scam too, of how an individual could beat the system by getting 5 British passport holders to state they had known him for over ten years. Clearly the mess is bigger than even I had thought. :evil:

Kije, what is wrong with not allowing kids, mum and dad, grand kids and grandparents to join one immigrant worker over here?

If you allow that for too long you get one worker (probably earning minimum wage) and umpteen kids and dependants all claiming benefits as they are allowed to do if one is a taxpayer or has an NI card!