Where have all the ex-pats gone?

Gary

17 years is a good old age for a doggie and all ours over the years as we were growing up lived to between 14 and 17.  Not sure if that makes it harder when they go though or easier knowing what a lovely long life they had.

Oooh I'm getting all weepy now as ours is only 8, diabetic, has a heart murmur and also went blind over night last year due to sudden cataracts after 1st dose of insulin.  She had them removed a week later though so her eye sight is fine now, well apart from the never ending eye drops and cream but she doesn't mind that. In fact she gets quite excited when the final drops of the day come out or it's injection time cos she knows she gets a little tiny piece of chicken or ham, bless :lol: .  Hope our vet isn't reading this as we're not supposed to give her anything else at all other than 2 boring measured meals of Chappie a day.  Shhhhh..... 8) 

I've never really been a cat lover myself Jean but a neignbours cat has recently had kittens and I suddenly saw the more loving side of cats not to mention I was besotted with the kittens the minute I saw them.

Thankfully our dog is not keen at all on cats or I would have been very very tempted to have one of the little ones. 

I think Stallards post summed it up nicely, however there has to be room for lively debate and a conflict of opinions however there also has to be a point reached where members agree to disagree, unfortunately that line is often crossed and personal attacks have often been made perhaps to the detriment of the forum, let us hope it ceases.

Cleo was a little 'spitfire' and sorely missed, I do fear the worst as she seemed to lose interest in life after she lost her husband, let us hope I am wrong and she reappears again.

I think Stallards post summed it up nicely, however there has to be room for lively debate and a conflict of opinions however there also has to be a point reached where members agree to disagree, unfortunately that line is often crossed and personal attacks have often been made perhaps to the detriment of the forum, let us hope it ceases.

Who asked you ??? .................................................  :wink:

Are you any good at trying to convince a dog of that fact Asp ?

We used to have 3 cats, and introduced a puppy into the family. At first it was difficult to tell who was more terrified of whom but eventually, in a couple of months, they all got on famously. But, as I said, woe betide any strange cats that came near. They were soon given the bum's rush!

:lol: :lol:  I'd imagine introducing a puppy (who knows no difference) to 3 cats isn't too bad but a kitten to an 8 year old dog who does could be a recipe for disaster.  Saying that you never know ..... our dog can go the other way and be a right wimp sometimes too :lol:

I never said I wouldn't Peter (did I) I'm sure I just said it was naff and I couldn't see the point in it all.  Still can't really and it does still bug me but needs must and all that (was that convincing?)  :lol:

Good to see you back on here at last by the way