Warrington Hospital car parking - fines not enforceable!?

Gary

BBC news page today too and they want to hear from anyone who thinks they have been unfairly fined.

The hopitals trust say that that their sineage is compliant though and they they also state that

"The "vast majority" of 84,000 people who paid for parking during the three-month period used the system "without any problems"

Full article here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-33506219

despite the simeage some people do forget to use the system wether due to worry about relatives or themsleves. Paying before hand when you are not sure how long you will be could also be a factor. paying after the visit is something that helps but as as said worry etc could cause you to forget.

just make sure that your number plate is very dirty when you go in and you could probably park for free as the camera would then have difficulty reading it.

did hear somewhere that 1 in four number plates were misread by anpr cameras. don't know if this was wishful thinking by some people but worth knowing.

some of the reasons were dirt obscuring parts of the number on the plate. fixing screws making some letters and numbers look like others. eg 11 being read as H.

probably a website somewhere that will give you a better explanation.

as for over a 100,000 vehicle movements in a week. wonder how many of them were people who went to the hospital visiting or attending  and how many wre just "passing through" or delivering.

must check guardian street entrance can't remember seeing the cameras there last time i went that way to the chemist.

Evils, when you go in from Guardian Street side the cameras are just before you turn left to follow the road round at the double storey car park. 

I saw them a few months back when I passed through from the other side to avoid the traffic jam  :oops:  :lol: 

Here's some info about how ANPR's can read plates wrong.  I've only read the first bit so far though so might be boring.....

http://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/9840271.pdf

just read in a rival online paper that the company who run the parking scam scheme have had their license suspended at halton after it was claimed a woman got a fine just for driving olong the public road outside the hospital. so for the  time being free parking at halton.

Not necessarily 'free parking' and worth checking with the hospital first just to be on the safe side !! 

From my understanding Highview may have only have their licence suspended in relation to them actually applying to the DVLA for the names and addresses of the registered vehicle keepers details for anyone who the cameras flag as not paying.....or in this case getting a fine when you've not been in.  

I paid ever time I had too, :) although sometimes I make a mistake when entering numbers

despite the simeage some people do forget to use the system wether due to worry about relatives or themsleves. Paying before hand when you are not sure how long you will be could also be a factor. paying after the visit is something that helps but as as said worry etc could cause you to forget.

just make sure that your number plate is very dirty when you go in and you could probably park for free as the camera would then have difficulty reading it.

did hear somewhere that 1 in four number plates were misread by anpr cameras. don't know if this was wishful thinking by some people but worth knowing.

some of the reasons were dirt obscuring parts of the number on the plate. fixing screws making some letters and numbers look like others. eg 11 being read as H.

probably a website somewhere that will give you a better explanation.

as for over a 100,000 vehicle movements in a week. wonder how many of them were people who went to the hospital visiting or attending  and how many wre just "passing through" or delivering.

must check guardian street entrance can't remember seeing the cameras there last time i went that way to the chemist.

Number plates that a NPR camera can not read usually gets read manually andif it is to dirty for example software can be used to read it.

The only way of getting away with it is to cover it or part of it with something like tape or paper.