Firery parish meeting on Monday

Geoff Settle

Your right B, I bought the Beatles Doubble Blue CD recently and was telling my daughter about what the lyrics 'Now we know how many holes it takes to fill the Parr Hall' - oops did I get that right Albert?

Having said that the job on Long Lane looks good.

But the state of others like Fearnhead Lane is bed but elswhere in Warrington look like minor eathquakes have taken place!!!! As Paula Darlington said at the above Parish meeting we are very lucky in are Parish many other places are n a much worse state of repair.

My role however mains one of pushing hard for the people who I represent some like me some do not but that doesn't matter in the quest to lobby for improvements.

[ 08.03.2008, 06:19: Message edited by: Geoff Settle ]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Geoff Settle:

[

But the state of others like Fearnhead Lane is bed but elswhere in Warrington look like minor eathquakes have taken place!!!! As Paula Darlington said at the above Parish meeting we are very lucky in are Parish many other places are n a much worse state of repair.

Isn't that one of the problems these days?

People settling for 2nd best.

If the majority complained, more would get done.

When only the odd one or two complain, the complaints don't get any priority, and probably go to the bottom of the pile and thus, overlooked.

Problem is Geoff that quite often when people do complain or raise issues of concern (at Parish or WBC level nothing ever gets done about it so people just stop bothering to ask :(

Sad really as if everyone (regardless of level or Political Party) worked together rather than against each other a lot more could get get done and resolved.

• 5 weeks later...

Dismayed said

Sad really as if everyone (regardless of level or Political Party) worked together rather than against each other a lot more could get get done and resolved.

Well if ordinary people who ever they are can see through the fog, then come May the 1st you should get your wish. :angelwings:

I do wonder how a Parish Council like Stockton Heath can survive 2 votes of no confidence, raised in 06 and 07; and continue in such a brazen way without any censure? I always thought they had to go to the people after such a vote.

[ 08.04.2008, 15:24: Message edited by: Stephen Taylor ]

Is it not that anyone can stand up at a meeting and propose a vote of no confidence, it does not mean a thing. If however it was a vote by the elected members of no confidence in the chair then it would have to go for a vote.

We cannot have the local crack pot walking into any public meeting and saying he has no confidence in them and being able to forcing an expensive election that would never do.

Was it last year that the school group complained about the council, and the teachers and the town hall, just because they did not get their way on knocking down a Victorian heap which was not fit for purpose?

What is the point of putting forward a vote of no confidence in a council a couple of weeks before an election anyway? Is it just trouble mongering and what happens when the old ones get re elected?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Stockton Heath will certainly be an interesting one on Thursday. It will demonstrate whether all of the unrest has been led by a small but very intelligent and articulate group, or whether the sharcs really have the support of the community. Mind you, I don't think people will waste their vote on a tory.

Send in Dissy, she will sort them out. If not her then Wingnut will go in all guns balzzing by the sound and nature of his recent posts.

Ha Ha :D If only it was that simple eh Geoff. Not sure I'd like to sit around a table with most of the numpties we currently have on there though. I'd rather poke my own eyes out with cocktail stick and dip them in chocolate as an after dinner treat :?

As for going in with Wingnut he sounds a bit of a nutter. His jokes and constant references to his 'mam' are somewhat odd :shock:

Perhaps he's already on SH Parish Council :shock::shock:

Yes Stockton Heath will certainly be an interesting one on Thursday. It will demonstrate whether all of the unrest has been led by a small but very intelligent and articulate group, or whether the sharcs really have the support of the community. Mind you, I don't think people will waste their vote on a tory.

Gosh is it this coming Thursady, I've not had my voting card yet :shock:

Which lot are the 'small but very intelligent and articulate group'.. surely you can't mean the Lib Dims :shock:

Chrissy wrote:

Let the people decide :D

Indeed Stephen, and from what I can tell the incumbents are very worried and are resorting to desperate campaigning in what looks like the last throes of a dying beast.

It is time for a change in Stockton Heath and to give a group of committed and hardworking people the chance to show what they can do.

Who said local politics was boring, Stockton Heath is a great example of a campaigning battleground.

Diz; you don't need "your voting card"; that's how insecure the system currently is. :roll:

How do we know where we are supposed to go to vote though?

Bet there will be a lot of people who think they can't vote cos they haven't got a voting card :roll::shock:

You make 2 very good points Dismayed, I have emailed the Returning Officer ( Diana Terris) on this and another matter earlier today.

Given the amount of literature going out in some areas, voters certainly know an election....but where to vote is an important piece of information given on the card.

Unless your new to an area, the polling station will normally be where it always has been! :roll: You enter, give your name and address; NO MEANS OF ID IS REQUESTED, the assistant looks down the polling register, puts a tick against your name and gives you the ballot form. :roll: So as you can see, if you were familiar with the register and some of the folk on it, it would be easy (though illegal) to impersonate them. :shock: Robert Mugabe would be impressed! :D