Seems the Ozzies have got it right -

observer

Australia's policy of intercepting migrant boat people and taking them to Papua New Guinea, rather than let them land in Australia, seems to be working. The numbers attempting the trip has now diminished considerably; unlike the flood coming into Europe, where a policy of rescue and free trip into Europe, can only encourage even more to attempt the trip.

• Upvote 1

Australia's immigration camp seems to be a blot on their country that is being kept at arms length.

As for our middle eastern immigrants who are probably the result of the west meddling in their politics & culture ,their blood is on the hands of western leaders. No matter what despots were/are in power in these countries ,did the west have a right to change what they were used to then just walk away ?

• Upvote 1

Not sure "blot" is the word most folk would use, especially one that resolves the issue, by ending the flood. No doubt many have been displaced by war, but even they have passed through many "safe" countries, prior to seeking "asylum" in the EU. The Dublin Convention (International Law) requires that asylum be sought in the NEXT safe Country to one's home country, when seeking asylum; that would mean none would reach the EU, and certainly not the UK. However, most are not fleeing war or persecution, but merely seeking "a better life", neither are they particularly poverty stricken, when they can afford to pay criminal traffickers for the privilege of such an unsafe journey. Unless stopped now, it will mean a never ending flood, of illegal entrants into Europe. The Ozzies have resolved the issue, mind you they don't have the ECHR on their back.

Slight difference in numbers and resources at the time, and the Aboriginals were boat people themselves; so perhaps the Kangaroos have a complaint ! Still no answers PJ, just myopic bleeding heart liberal nonsense to get us further into the mire.

why are you bothered about Australian immigration?  You have no answers, well no credible ones, I am simply not deluded enough to think that anything I post on a dead end forum will make a blind bit of difference.  When the English landed in Australia and took  over the country from the Aboriginals,  they used to take the babies from their mothers, bury them up to their necks then take a run up and kick the babies head off.  Makes you sort of warm inside I bet?

Not bothered about Ozzie immigration, as they've got a grip of it, and shown how it can be done. So yes, the answers are out there, you just can't bring yourself to admit that your clueless. As for this "dead end forum" as you say; if it's so "dead end" why do you bother with it ?  As for anecdotes from  18C Australia, perhaps, in keeping with current luvvie trends, we could commission a public inquiry into your allegations involving aboriginal child abuse ? !  As your only answer is to stick your head in the sand and offer your rear; perhaps you could tell us how we accommodate the first million, above the 250,000 a year net we already take; then, encouraged by the first million, the second million and so on. All this at a time when we have a Gov bent on cuts in public expenditure ?

I'm sure there are also plenty of refugees in these countries who can't afford to leave the danger zones they are stuck in. The meddling of the last 20 years has left a vacuum that has bred anarchy & unfortunately the only organisations making the situation work to their advantage are IS/Al Qaeda. Unless stable governments are formed in these countries matters will only get worse.

Sorry Dave, but Bush and Bliar let the genie out of the bottle, by getting rid of the Secular Dictators. However, the majority of illegal traffic consists of economic migrants, and those that can afford $1,000 a throw.  By turning them round, by taking them back, the message would go out loud and clear that such journeys are futile.

Ah yes, by paying people smugglers cash to go elsewhere.  Top solution.

Not bothered about Ozzie immigration, as they've got a grip of it, and shown how it can be done. 

As for anecdotes from  18C Australia, perhaps, in keeping with current luvvie trends, we could commission a public inquiry into your allegations involving aboriginal child abuse ? 

I think you will find that beyond,  yours, mine and the combined might of all the Warrington Worldwide Forums posters ability to affect, get a grip.

I'm sure all our rantings are being monitored somewhere along the information super highway PJ. Maybe even somebody in a place of power will get some good advice off here via the internet snoopers.

Thank God for that, I just thought you were deluded :wink:

this has really made my day , thank you Davy :wink:

"Top solution" ?  It's a solution dumbo, it achieves an objective - IE; stopping them entering Oz.  If it does the job, it's a solution - you don't have any. As for my sarcastic referral to your child abuse anecdote, you obviously missed the extracted urine. So let's get back to your open door policy: so we let in the first million, ignoring the fact we can't build enough houses, find enough school places etc for them; now what about the next million, and the million after that?

As for this "dead end forum" as you say; if it's so "dead end" why do you bother with it ?  

When I visited Gibraltar I paid to go on the cave tour to see the remains of a Neanderthal settlement.  Go figure :wink:

• 1 month later...

Beat me to it Sid !!! :lol:   Kyje, illegal migration to Australia is down to almost nil, as a result of a no compromising policy. If these people know their journey is futile and will result in being turned around, they won't take it.  Nothing new in paying some country to block the flow, Gadaffi was a regular receiver of funding to act as gate keeper for Europe, until idiotic Govs helped get rid of him.

"Bribing poor nations" eh?  While poor folk in the UK suffer draconian cuts; seems we're still "bribing poor nations" with a ring fenced overseas aid budget, but bribing them for what, I don't know. A solution Kije, is for a Gov with some conviction and backbone to ensure that illegal  migrants don't get to the UK or even Europe, and deport every one found here. The Ozzies are doing it and it's working.

Obs... you do post some contradictory ideas at times... on another thread you are singing the praises of Jeremy Corbyn and his lefty ideals and yet here you are advocating instant deportation and the removal of the ring fence around foreign aid.... you can't have both; if the left side of Labour ever get back into power, it would be an immigration free for all just as it was during the last Labour government....only worse. If you want Labour to head towards an English version of the SNP, just remember what their stance on Europe and immigration is..... Nightmare scenario... let them all stay and then worry about how to feed and house and clothe them

• 4 weeks later...

Baz... you do post some contradictory ideas at times... on another thread you are banging on about how immigration has increased dramatically over the past 5 years ..........................  need I remind you who is in power?