Children's TV

Egbert

I heard on the radio this morning about a study that is going on into the effect of children's TV on society. I believe it includes an exhibition somewhere.

I remember back in the late 60s seeing a show called "The Banana Splits Show" or something like that. It featured a lot of animated creatures, flashing lights, lots of noise and a lot of jumping up and down. At the time I thought, if kids think this is how you enjoy yourself, they will all start doing the same. Since then there have been other kids shows featuring highly active characters who act hysterically. Also, I have detected subsequent generations of children have been more hyperactive than I recall earlier generations being. These days you can't apparently enjoy yourself without going beserk - in fact giving way to total abandonment. 

Has anyone else noticed this change - which unfortunately seems to continue into adult years - and can we blame The Banana Splits?

which came first "buffalo soldier" or the banana splits theme song. both have a similar part in them.

about 2.15 in for buffalo soldier.

the idea behind getting the kids to jump around etc is a not so veiled attempt at tackling child obesity and fitness.

I must confess my present knowledge of kids tv programmes goes no higher than Doc McStuffins & Sherriff Callie.

As far as the jumping up & down bit & making lots of noise though Egbert, is this where our present crop of MPs have received their grounding for public office ?

your one up on me davy, never heard of those.

as for the mp's think a lot are fans of peppa pig as they seem to do a lot of muddying of waters once elected.

on a personal note i am a big fan of thomas the tank engine but rarely get time  to watch these days.