Mr Smiths

Robbo

Smiths was plagued with Tramps a while back - all sleeping rough.

There was a group in the 70's called the Trammps.

The Trammps had a massive hit with Disco Inferno (John Travolta danced to it in Saturday Night Fever) 

Mr Smiths was a disco

Mr Smiths Caught fire and went up in an inferno.... a Disco Inferno....

Would you like me to draw you a picture? :)

Hopefully they will save the front facing facade and then build a purpose built youth zone etc

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/20732/1/Demolition-work-underway-at-Mr-Smiths-building/Page1.html

Gary - thought the same due to windows etc round the entrance showing no sign of heat damage - but looks like the demolition team have different orders

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=825301924206499&set=o.1384112351880775&type=2&theater

Yep all going according to the police officer I was talking too tonight too.   Is that your video wirerrob1,  if so I was there too when they were doing that bit and I can still smell the dust on my clothes :(

Very sad sight and hard to believe they can knock a building down so quickly and I certainly hadn't expected it all to go so soon as I thought they'd have fire investigation teams in for a while etc.

I know it was a night club called Mr Smiths but what was it called afterwards and before.... Why isn't it being reported as the ABC cinema being burnt to the ground, or whatever its name was after it was Mr Smiths.

Still now that it is gone ot would be a great place to build the new imax cinema and plenty of parking space available at the side.

I crossed Warrington several times yesterday (I missed the early rush hour admittedly) and was surprised by one thing, the traffic kept moving.

It was a bit heavier and there were a few HGVs where you don't usually see them,but nothing like the problems I expected, most odd in a town that normally goes into gridlock if somebody has a crash 20 miles away, if it rains a lot, goes dark or if the day begins with an F.