Mass Debate ?

observer

So Ed Milliband is planning the destruction of the Labour party by condemning it to permanent opposition?  and you know this?  for certain? wow

How else is he going to get into power? Maybe a pact with the 2 UKIP MP's and that Green Australian woman?

Baz, please show me where I called you names????

Well so far I am a "Tub Thumper" and a bigot (if I decide to vote UKIP)....name calling purely because I have a different political view that happens to change depending on the different circumstances I see when it comes round to voting time?

Which is worse? Voting for one party all my life because my dad happened to vote for them and he never liked that nasty other party or actively seeking to vote having looked at the circumstances I find myself in and what I consider will be the best thing for me and my family?

Being poor (as labelled by a local Labour Councillor on here) I should naturally vote Labour because

A) I am from Bewsey and it is my duty to do so

B) Labours public school educated, university graduated millionaires are more in tune to my poorness than the  public school educated, university graduated millionaires of the Tory, Lib Dems and UKIP

Never called you a bigot Baz, I said Ukip is a bigoted party.  Tub thumping is not an insult either,  it is merely voicing ones preference and support for a particular cause, in this case the Tories (again I can see how this would insult me). You have been far more outrageous in your vitriolic attacks on Labour, in particular Gordon Brown than I have regarding Farage.

I have never hugged a tree, I have never been a member of the Labour party and I am not even sure what defines an eco warrior, but that said I don't feel insulted by it Baz.  Just don't EVER call me a kipper lol.  
  • Upvote 1

Not asking for squeezing pips just to increase the tax on those who can afford it most.  the Greens are proposing a 60% higher tax rate and Labour are proposing to put it up to 50%, your mob want to reduce it by 10 and 5% depending how wealthy you already are.  Is this right?  Also in a week when the Tories are scratting around trying to find where to chop £12 billion from the welfare budget, which IDS has already butchered they propose the removal of inheritance tax for many people which will cost a billion a year go figure.  

Sorry, but they're playing at it.  We've got pop singers,  footballers and other sportsmen on obscene pay levels; and that's just at the low end of spectrum: we've the highest wealth gap since the 60s; and we need £billions to pay off the deficit, whilst still maintaining public services. btw Labour had 13 years to correct this, and arguably made it worse. So basically, no one's going to seriously tackle the deficit AND maintain our public services.

Ah right so reducing the amount of tax that these very wealthy people pay is the way to go then?  You said to speak about policies, I have and you are stumped.  Your party of choice want to tax the wealthy less and get rid of inheritance tax.  I couldn't vote for a serious and proper party with those policies let alone that bunch.

:lol:   You just don't get it, do you?   We've established that NO party is going to sort out the deficit AND maintain public services at the same time, by a massive wealth redistribution; so we can forget that one. So, we now need to move on to the next priority - which is?.

So taxing the wealthy less is helping the nations finances? And don't try to pretend that you know enough to be certain that leaving the EU won't be catastrophic for the nations finances. What if we did leave the EU and then the country got worse off, who will you blame then I wonder ???? this is a general election not an in out referendum. So the next priority for me would be the NHS

Errm, nope; but no Party is going to sort the Nation's finances; without a lot of pain for the plebs.  Well, leaving the EU will certainly save our net contributions for a start, and given we're a cash strapped Nation; we could save spending on overseas aid - after all, charity starts at home .  For some of us, every election is now an in/out referendum; a must, if we're to escape the domination of Brussels. A domination with the intent of homogenising Europe into a single State, with a single currency; which has already proved to have failed with the Euro zone.  As for next priority - the NHS is funded from taxation, so insufficient revenues will mean insufficient NHS funding. OK, so they divert spending to the NHS, from where? Take even more from Social Services, keeping the bed blockers in our hospitals, and the queue backing up to A&E?  The Tories plan to take £12 billion out of Welfare, but have already promised £8billion for the NHS; so more food banks and beggars. Labour will try the softer approach, so more borrowing and more debt, not a pretty picture, especially for youngsters looking for a decent job and a home of their own.