Travellers on Victoria Park (and elsewhere again)

Dizzy

Pander to them, give their kids school places, get the social to check they are claiming all the benefits they are entitled to and then call everyone who doesn't like them racists....

that's the usual way things are done isn't it?

• Upvote 1

What nice photos, the park is obviously well kept.

Any chance of some snaps of the same area next week, just to prove all the horrid tales about travellers not caring about the environment are total lies spread by racists and bigots, of course.

Yes the park was lovely today, well apart from all the dog poop that I kept seeing everywhere grrr !!

If someone gives me the nod when the travellers are going I'll go and take some more pics of how they leave it if you really want some.  Chances are the council/park rangers will clear it up straight away though if they do leave any.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Hi fugtifino - your neighbour phoned me whilst I was waiting for the Longbarn petition to arrive about the concrete fence on Thursday evening - the assistant director of highways was waiting to give a talk in the council chamber so I popped in and gave him your news and he phoned his man to put the plan in action.

I'm just going down to do may marshal stuff for the park run so I will have to make sure that the route is clear becuase from Dizzy's photo shoot they look to be gathered at the 1 km marker..

Ok so that's me well and truly confused.  Geoff my photo's and posts on here were in MARCH when the travellers descended on Victoria Park so they wont be interfering with your park run today as they are long gone :lol: 

However...... a small group of travellers cut the locks on to St Elphins Park last night just before midnight and are now camped up next to the childrens play area  :(  Hope no more arrive over the weekend and such a shame as it's the St Elphins Park fun day tomorrow and apparently there's nothing the council can to get them moved on until Monday.  Maybe you could pop down and have a stern word with them....

I was just about to post a new topic about it when I saw this one had some new comments..

Yeuch.

By the way 7 caravans along with their trucks and cars etc were on St Elphins when I went past at tea time.  You'd have thought that once the police / council were told about the first two they would have at least tried to stop the other 5 moving on there today :roll: 

The police and council bend over backwards for these people.... why they just can't be thrown off as soon as they are spotted is beyond me....they live outside the law for virtually everything they do and yet can quote it chapter and verse when it suits their ridiculous lifestyle

I bet if I turned up there tomorrow with my caravan in tow I'd be removed straight away by the police but then again like you rightly say Baz there are different rules and boxes to be ticked before the same can happen to the traveling community.  Oh and if I'd have cut the lock of the gate I'd probably be arrested and charged with criminal damage and trespass too but no not them.

Maybe we should all start doing the same when we fancy a weekend away and we should throw the same human rights at everyone like they do as most of them probably do have houses somewhere back in Ireland too lust like we have here.

I do have to say though that the men who kept coming out of the park in their silver van with tinted back side windows had very smart summery checked shirts on and didn'tt look the grubby sort that we sometimes get.  I saw one getting out at the pub near the Church then again at the Marquisand then it headed into town centre....... but I saw the driver first and even closer when the bloody idiot pulled right out of the park gates onto Manchester Road without a care in the world right in front of me as if he owned the road.  Thank goodness my ABS brakes work well :evil: :evil: