New supermarket named

DS

I am glad I managed to swerve the Tv cameras - not like me :mrgreen:

On a serious note if the store is good it will survive - if it is poor it will not. The Spar didn't last long in the village centre because it was less than useless.

The Sainsburys isn't brilliant but better than what was there before.

How many kits should I put you down for Gary?

On a serious note if the store is good it will survive - if it is poor it will not. The Spar didn't last long in the village centre because it was less than useless.

The Sainsburys isn't brilliant but better than what was there before.

You can't really compare the lack of success of the little spar/sainsbury's near the Cross with a big Netto (or other larger shop) outside of the village centre where it is planned for.  It will have free parking right outside it's door too and will obviously sell a much wider range of items due to it's size.  Lets face it it's not like you can just pull up outside the little shops in the village centre to pop in and they are just 'convenience' stores so not much good for doing a biggish shop...and probably quite expensive too with it being right in the centre of Lymm.  Spar for one used to change their prices according to store location and people near it.  Always used to frustrate me as if I went over the swing bridge everything was cheaper even though they were only a few minutes apart.

In my opinion these Lymm residents who went to visit Netto have really showed up the stuck up snobs, good on them.  I especially liked the bit where they said that they knew more prople wanting the discount store than were complaining.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I must remember to go for a nosey and see what it's like.  Hope it's good :D

Wish they would hurry up with the new M&S in Stockton Heath.  Not because it's an M&S just because I'm fed up of having to go to Morrisons all the time for bits and bobs (and coming out with a trolley full) rather than just popping into the co-op that was there when I walk to the village and through the forge with the dog.