New supermarket named

DS

Seems the majority of the 500+ comments on the Daily Mail website also think that the residents of Lymm who are objecting to this store are all stuck up snobs too

Could always try here:

https://www.fortnumandmason.com/t/categories/food-hall/all

and get it delivered

https://www.fortnumandmason.com/information/delivery-information-and-charges

News about it is also in The Telegraph newspaper.  Sat here laughing my head off at yet another the prize statementt by Clr Shiela Woodtwit :lol: :lol:

quote ".....I went to a Lidl and Aldi once and filled my trolley, but at that time they did not accept cards and I had to leave the trolley and say 'sorry I can't pay for it.' I think it is very unfortunate. I would much preferred to see a higher profile store."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/shopping-and-consumer-news/11476914/Villagers-anger-as-plans-for-high-end-supermarket-are-actually-for-Netto.html

I just had to look up "Coronation Street Star Chris Bissom" (I know, sad aren't I?) With typical DM accuracy they have identified a TV programme he last appeared in 13 years ago :lol: . He's actually in the cast of Emmerdale currently.

Nice to see that the DM runs true to form in pointing out the value of property in Lymm though.

the kfc/lidl decision has been put on hold due to nobody telling the council that some of teh residents were for it. (which reminds me must fill in the the letter to say if i want lidl or not. very nice of them to send me a letter asking my opinion.)

as for discount brands. watched a bit of the watchdog house yesterday andf they were testing antibacterial washing up liquid. strange thing was that the cheap brand was just as effective as the expensive brand. mind you the  ordinary washing up liquid was just as effective at killing off the bacteria. :wink:

I'm guessing whoever contacted the newspaper gave those names Asp etc but you are correct and the DM etc should have checked the details out.  Can't see what difference it makes if some soap star lives near there though and why 'whoever' thinks it's relevant.

re: the pink eye shops.... on hold because no-one told the council people wanted it?  Err... what about the letters of support that are mentioned in the officers report etc.  So these new letters asking for opinions that have been sent out who has sent them the council or the developers ?  Also any idea what the catchment area is that they have been sent too ie just immediate neighbours or anyone nearby within reasonable walking distance?  Maybe you could upload a copy so those of us who haven't received one but are often close to there can print and fill one in :wink:

Anyway back to Lymm and Netto.............

News about it is also in The Telegraph newspaper.  Sat here laughing my head off at yet another the prize statementt by Clr Shiela Woodtwit :lol: :lol:

quote ".....I went to a Lidl and Aldi once and filled my trolley, but at that time they did not accept cards and I had to leave the trolley and say 'sorry I can't pay for it.' I think it is very unfortunate. I would much preferred to see a higher profile store."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/shopping-and-consumer-news/11476914/Villagers-anger-as-plans-for-high-end-supermarket-are-actually-for-Netto.html

You would think that anyone who had experienced being unable to pay by card for their shopping in a discount store would have the sense to ask before doing it again in another one.  What a complete idiot .  I always pay by card at Aldi and I like the shop, as has been said the fresh produce, meat, fish, fruit and veg is first class and the prices are superb.

anyway, it's an ill wind that blows nobody any good, I am setting up a stall on Lymm high street selling these Netto shopping kits at massively overinflated prices.  I am going to be rich beyond my wildest dreams.

waitrose-duchy-b_Main_zpsaolrribl.jpgdisguise_zps9aabjqnd.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

By the way... did anyone see the ITV News tonight ... link below !!   Ian Marks was interviewed too but oddly it didn't say who he is ie councillor etc.

Tell you what though I'll never go in the Sexton's Bakery again when we go to Lymm after hearing the scathing remarks made by their chap (anyone know if he the owner? !!)  I wont be going in their Penketh shop again either if that's their opinion and attitude towards  people from outside of their little area !!

http://www.itv.com/news/granada/update/2015-03-18/how-village-reacted-when-their-new-high-end-retailer-turned-out-to-be-netto/

By the way... did anyone see the ITV News tonight ... link below !!   Ian Marks was interviewed too but oddly it didn't say who he is ie councillor etc.

Do you think they said, take your tie off , nobody will know you are a councillor then Marks.  What a twonk the Sextons fellow made himself look.  These pies are for the local people

the_league_of_gentlemen__this_is_a_local

reading through the press coverage again and it is clear that the local Lymm councillors, especially Marks , have made their ward into a complete laughingstock and a national embarrassment.  No doubt fuelled by their desperate scrabble for votes in the upcoming election.  Backfired badly I hope.

My thoughts too PJ and I wonder if the councilors/residents who are running the petition and getting all the national press etc involved realise the damage they are causing to Lymm's reputation.

I feel rather sorry for all the people who live there who are not as self centered as some seem to be coming across as they are getting the backlash from it it all by 'association'.

I am glad I managed to swerve the Tv cameras - not like me :mrgreen:

On a serious note if the store is good it will survive - if it is poor it will not. The Spar didn't last long in the village centre because it was less than useless.

The Sainsburys isn't brilliant but better than what was there before.