Ebola medics ?

observer

That's true Asp; but it's also true that it could mutate into an airborne form, making it more contagious. There's a lot of complacency around due to the success of anti-biotics and anti-virals, but there's an arms race going on with these pathogens, one must hope humanity stays ahead of the curve. 

Not the point being made alas. Mali is just one of the Countries along the illegal route to Europe from Africa; as pathogens travel with people , migration (especially illegal migration), facilitates global spread - a fairly logical deduction even for you.  Distance is meaningless in this context as some sort of comfort zone, as illegals are arriving in Europe by the day. Illegals, by defininition, will be averse to reporting illness to authorities, or being tracked by authorities, thus facilitating an exponential spread. Which brings us back to the first rule in countering epidemics - containment and isolation.

Utter scaremongering nonsense.  Ebola got to Mali because Mali is a neighbouring country of Guinea.  For your theory to be correct the virus would have been detected all the way to France in a nice straight line.  You spouted this theory last year and its still no nearer to here than then.  A few people came from Guinea into Mali and infected a few more.  It was isolated and dealt with and as I pointed out, there is no longer any Ebola in Mali.  

.... and the Titanic was unsinkable !  Are you completely dense and can't find it on google or what; but pathogens don't need passports. they spread exponentially from person to person; and if people move, so does the virus.  Not France btw, but the Canaries from W/Africa; and if you care to travel a bit, you'll meet the migrants on the beaches selling trinkets. There is no known cases of ebola in Mali, known to the authorities that is; doesn't mean there can't be or won't be.  The ebola virus has reached the UK btw; courtesy of returning medics (hence the topic), just in case that slipped your mind.

Ah I must be so dense I couldn't find any trace of Ebola in any of those places, except on your panic ridden and rude posts. They won't need report themselves as their corpses would draw attention to the Ebola virus being present. It's your same scare story from last year but as you yourself admit there is absolutely no evidence to support it. Your Titanic analogy is pathetic by the way chicken little.

:lol:   Just cos something hasn't happened, doesn't mean it can't or won't happen;  I realise you have some difficulty with logic. but if a contagion is not contained and isolated, it will spread; through people movement, be it legal or illegal. I also realise that your desperate to excuse mass immigration into the UK; like the Labour Gov that told us only 15,000 Poles would be coming, so no need to worry; yet another example of luvvie myopia. The corpses one was even more dense; pathogens exist in a living host, by the time any corpses are found, the virus will have moved on. There is evidence: of one case to-date in Mali; plus I believe another affected health worker has just arrived back in the UK . Many years ago, there was a TV drama/doc, based on Gov plans in the event of a pandemic; if you think I'm being alarmist, it would be educational to see it again - scary.  Thought the Titanic analogy was rather appropriate; try another one: in 1940 the Maginot Line was thought impregnable and the Ardennes forests impassable; until the Germans came through it with tanks. The Allied Gens would have considered anyone suggesting the idea would have been scaremongering.

It just gets dafter.  Off you go and tell everyone the sky is falling down and I will just ignore you.  You have been saying it for ages now and despite massive steps being made for ebolas eradication and an almost complete isolation of the virus you are still at it with your bonkers doomsday theory.  Tell me, how many people have returning health workers infected, about none which is amazingly exactly the same number of illegal immigrants who have brought it in under a truck.  According to you they are flooding in every day, wouldn't one have got through by now were it possible?  The Maginot line is an even more gormless analogy than the Titanic. 

chicken_zps3fpwi95b.png

never one involving a returning health worker with suspected ebola , no there hasn't.  Its almost like they know what they are doing.  and you are just guessing .  You have no clue.  A failed politician has no place trying to second guess expert health care professionals.

• Downvote 1