Assange security ?

observer

Seems the two year watch by the Met on Mr Assange, bottled up in the Equadoran embassy, has cost the British tax-payer around £10million. The Swedes want him first, so the Yanks can extradite him to stand trial for leaking embarrasing State secrets. So perhaps the UK Gov could claim the costs from the Yanks?!

I'm sure they could but it's not really legal. What worries me is how come it costs £5 million a year to watch an embassy door. Even if it has 2 doors and you have 2 bobbies watching each that's 1.25 million each per year. Now I know that police , fire etc have ridiculously generous pensions but this does seem excessive ????

but why have any body over there to watch. There are webcams that i can watch that stream live from new york and other areas as well, good quality video with zoom and pan and tilt facility. seems a bit daft to have a guy standing across the road pretending to read the newspaper for hours on end.