Electric and Gas Prices

Steve the Original

If we were in a truly "common Market" with Europe, we would be able to buy gas and electric off any supplier in Europe seeing as I can buy from Southern Energy and Scottish Power; why can't I buy from Greek Gas or Polish Electric? 

Probably because they are cheaper and the cartels over here couldn't rip us off

That isn't what I am saying (where did BP come into it?)

I should, from the comfort of my chair in Warrington, be able to go online and buy my gas from wherever I wish in Europe; regardless of whether they have an office over here or not.

Everything is done via a meter these days and soon to be smart meters so it shouldn't matter who my supplier is. As I said before, Southern Electric or Scottish Power can supply me so why not a cheaper supplier from the EU?

That isn't what I am saying (where did BP come into it?)

I should, from the comfort of my chair in Warrington, be able to go online and buy my gas from wherever I wish in Europe; regardless of whether they have an office over here or not.

Everything is done via a meter these days and soon to be smart meters so it shouldn't matter who my supplier is. As I said before, Southern Electric or Scottish Power can supply me so why not a cheaper supplier from the EU?

Correct..

We seem to have the EU telling us we need open borders/access to our country and all its freebies.

So why does it not work both ways ?