Al Murray's Bid to be an MP

Geoffrey Settle

The Telegraphs says

Al Murray, the comedian, says he intends to stand for Parliament at the General Election in his guise as The Pub Landlord - against UKIP leader Nigel Farage.

The star - whose creation is famed for extolling the joys of all things British - plans to stand in Thanet South, Kent, for his newly-formed Free United Kingdom Party

Explaining his decision to stand, The Pub Landlord said: "It seem to me that the UK is ready for a bloke waving a pint around, offering common sense solutions."

His comment will not be lost on many of those familiar with Mr Farage who is often pictured during impromptu lunchtime photocalls with a drink in his hand in a pub.

Oxford-educated Murray has created an action plan in the guise of his patriotic character, in which he promises: "I pledge that the UK will leave Europe by 2025 and the edge of the Solar System by 2050. Common Market sense.

Al Murray has started a new party what do you think - would you vote for him?

Click here to see his video:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2015/11345488/Watch-Al-Murray-Pub-Landlord-to-take-on-Nigel-Farage.html

What do you think has he any good policies, would you vote for him? :mrgreen:

Well he does have a damned sight more common sense than any of the mainstream politicians anywhere in the country. The policies he is suggesting are far more appealing to the working man than anything dreamed up by the Tories, Lib Dums and the former party of the working man; Labour....

Plus when it comes to voter appeal, he will have far more going for him than any of the posh boys that lead the rest of the money grabbing, career politicians of all persuasions

He flip flops and makes it up as he goes along, a classic example being his call for a two tier flat rate of tax, joke of a man in charge of a joke party with joke policies ( well they would be if they weren't so nasty)  that change with the wind. 

I'd vote for Al Murray if he was standing round here, at least I understood what he was talking about and it made sense :lol:

Is he really standing for parliament though and can he do that in the guise of his pub landlord character ?

I don't see why not provided he stumps up his deposit and I'm sure that he would welcome you Dizzy on his campaign team. :mrgreen:

Information on Murray from Wiki:. He attended Oxford University reading modern history, his grandfather was the former British ambassador  Sir Ralph Murray, he has been married and divorced twice, so all in all he looks a suitable candidate for Westminster. :D:wink:     

Information on Murray from Wiki:. He attended Oxford University reading modern history, his grandfather was the former British ambassador  Sir Ralph Murray, he has been married and divorced twice, so all in all he looks a suitable candidate for Westminster. :D:wink:     

He is standing as a character he created called the Pub Landlord, not as himself.  Basically he is mocking the vile tendencies of many of UKIPs candidates, councillors and supporters.  Good on him.

1p a pint may sound great - but how do you replace the taxes required to pay for the health service we need to treat those who are damaged by alcohol e.t.c?

It is a shame that the democracy people died for is becoming more and more a platform for comedians and a laughing stock.

What we need is a Common sense party!

Ensure the rich pay their fair share of taxes.

Help those who need genuine help (and ensure people don't sponge of the state).

Ensure people are brought up with a real work ethic.

Ensure mobile phones are banned from use within all schools.

Make sure people learn to show some respect in society.

Only allow those who can add value to society make a new home here.

Make sure the punishment fits the crime - but also realise we can all make mistakes and support those willing to right their wrongs.

I could go on - but I've no intention of standing for parliament or local council because unless you stand for one of the main stream parties and tow the party line you don't stand a chance - unless you are a comedian of course!!! :mrgreen::wacko:

• Upvote 1

his views on immigration sound startlingly familiar, if you use this forum that is :wink:

Independent: What do you think about claims some of your policies on immigration might be racist?

The Pub Landlord: “Is it really racist to say: ‘Argh god no, no we don’t want any of you or your lot coming over here to live here Christ no thanks argh Jesus? Stay away stay away’? Actually when you put it like that it might be racist. Er. My press bloke is telling me to move on. But the last thing we need is people coming over and making us look work-shy. Next question!.”

He is standing as a character he created called the Pub Landlord, not as himself.  Basically he is mocking the vile tendencies of many of UKIPs candidates, councillors and supporters.  Good on him.

He stand wherever he wishes PJ , he' still Al Murray. :D:wink: