Morrisons Stockton Heath - New parking fines !

Dizzy

Well here are a couple of unexplainable signposts then.

One in French and one in Spanish.  I have used these spaces in France.

Whether or not the rest of the world has them, which many countries do, it means nothing to the point of the argument which is,

the spaces are wider to accommodate the getting in and out of babies, toddlers, pregnant mums etc. which is difficult and sometimes impossible in a narrower space.  

The wider bays protect cars from damage as the doors need to be fully opened in order to get children in and out.  

They are near to the doors as it is safer and the owners of the car parks like that.

It takes about 30 seconds out of your precious and important time to walk a bit further to the shop entrance.

If its raining bring a brolly

If your shopping is heavy use a trolly.  The kind people at the supermarket provide them for you to make shopping a little more pleasant, just like they provide the family parking spaces which annoy you so much.  

So how do these parents manage when non are provided or when they need to be near a busy street Dizzy, how do parents manage when they go on holiday abroad?

I guess they just have to manage but aren't supermarkets supposed to have Parent & Child spaces and also Disabled spaces these days.  No idea if it's law or maybe just one of those weird EU rules or something.  Maybe they don;t have too though but I've no time to google.  As for abroad....I've no idea as I've not been abroad for well over 20 years... but I see others are answering that one so I'll leave it to them

I never said I parked in parent/child spaces, all I said is that they are in prime locations were others want to park too and there maybe reasons why they want to be near a door.

No idea and to be honest it never really bothers me if I park near the door or not but fair point as maybe the elderly would prefer too so they don't have to walk so far.  Maybe there's an idea and supermarkets could have 'elderly person' bays soon too.  In fact the whole car park could be segregated ie parent & child.... disabled... elderly.....unfit..... per trolley count.....baskets only..... and one that just says 'Coffee' and 'Dizzy' :wink:

The reasons I shop at Sainsbury and the Riverside is that I can leave my car and wonder off, if these retailers do not like it they are free to enforce their rules and  I will find other retailers to shop with, my rules! I do not get why you have an issue with this, by leaving the car in Riverside for example no one loose anything, so what is the problem?

By enforcing their rules do you mean actually chasing up parking ticket payments and making people pay rather than just giving tickets ?  You  did make me giggle where you said 'my rules!' and I'm not sure I'd want to cross you in a car park as you sound like you could cause serious damage to someone knee caps with a trolley if push came to shove :lol:

No I don't tax or insure my car Bazj

Blimey I'm surprised you even get to the car parks to accrue so many tickets with all the number plate recognition cameras about checking tax and insurance.  I presume you mean that someone else taxes and insures it though but then again...... 'your rules!' ? :shock::lol:

OK so they have them in France, I have never seen P+C space abroad and PJ, you seem to have difficulty in reading, I have already wrote several times that I do not park near the front of the shops, well not most of the time.

However the fact is that a few spaces take up a lot of spaces in prime location and there are only a few of them, not nearly enough for peak times, under used at other times.

Dizzy, disabled bays are required by law, P+C spaces are not. I have never intentionally used my trolley as a weapon, yet.

I have a company car now, so the lease company pays my tax and insurance

OK so they have them in France, I have never seen P+C space abroad and PJ, you seem to have difficulty in reading, I have already wrote several times that I do not park near the front of the shops, well not most of the time.

However the fact is that a few spaces take up a lot of spaces in prime location and there are only a few of them, not nearly enough for peak times, under used at other times.

Dizzy, disabled bays are required by law, P+C spaces are not. I have never intentionally used my trolley as a weapon, yet.

I have a company car now, so the lease company pays my tax and insurance

They have them in France... I've used them.

They have them in Germany...I've used them

They have them in Spain...I've used them

They even have them in Andorra....because I've used them

Coffee... you do appear to come across as possibly THE most inconsiderate driver I have ever heard of; more so than a mate of mine who openly admits to using disabled spaces because they are closer to the doors....

But wait..... you drive a "company car"... that explains everything (and my money is on it being a BMW)

Coffee , it's not me who has the  problem reading, which is why I didn't say that you park in these spaces.

I will explain again.  They are bigger than a normal space for a very good reason.  As they have to be bigger they take up more space than the narrower standard spaces , its a sort of physics thing you know.  

The fact that they are bigger means that your company car doesn't get dinged by parents attempting to get children in and out of their car in a  normal space.

They are near to the shop doors because the supermarkets put them there presumably so that parents and children don't need to wander around the car parks where, and you may not believe this, inconsiderate drivers may back into them etc.  

You can't of course see any of this as you are jealous of their right to use these spaces and think that others ( namely you) should have the right to park nearer to the entrance.  I mean what is consideration for struggling parents,  child safety and the protection of vehicles from accidental damage compared to you having to walk a few extra metres, if its raining your hair may frizz a bit or your mascara may run, what a disaster.

If walking the few extra steps is such a major issue for you why do you park at one shop then wander all around the town getting bits from all over the place?

Oh, and a word to the wise, the parking tickets you are so proud of accruing,  carry on as you may well  be getting a shock from the lease company when they present you with a bill as if  they are the registered keepers of the vehicle they will be  liable for any fines which they will of course pass on.

They have them in France... I've used them.

They have them in Germany...I've used them

They have them in Spain...I've used them

They even have them in Andorra....because I've used them

Coffee... you do appear to come across as possibly THE most inconsiderate driver I have ever heard of; more so than a mate of mine who openly admits to using disabled spaces because they are closer to the doors....

But wait..... you drive a "company car"... that explains everything (and my money is on it being a BMW)

Is that because I dare to have an opinion different to yours or because you use these bays and they are convenient for you?

And as I said I have never seen them abroad, if you have that is good for you!

I have a Honda.

Coffee , it's not me who has the  problem reading, which is why I didn't say that you park in these spaces.

I will explain again.  They are bigger than a normal space for a very good reason.  As they have to be bigger they take up more space than the narrower standard spaces , its a sort of physics thing you know.  

The fact that they are bigger means that your company car doesn't get dinged by parents attempting to get children in and out of their car in a  normal space.

They are near to the shop doors because the supermarkets put them there presumably so that parents and children don't need to wander around the car parks where, and you may not believe this, inconsiderate drivers may back into them etc.  

You can't of course see any of this as you are jealous of their right to use these spaces and think that others ( namely you) should have the right to park nearer to the entrance.  I mean what is consideration for struggling parents,  child safety and the protection of vehicles from accidental damage compared to you having to walk a few extra metres, if its raining your hair may frizz a bit or your mascara may run, what a disaster.

If walking the few extra steps is such a major issue for you why do you park at one shop then wander all around the town getting bits from all over the place?

Oh, and a word to the wise, the parking tickets you are so proud of accruing,  carry on as you may well  be getting a shock from the lease company when they present you with a bill as if  they are the registered keepers of the vehicle they will be  liable for any fines which they will of course pass on.

You claim you can read but yet again you go on about walking the extra steps yet again.

I park away from the entrance so my car does not get bumped although now I have a company car it does not matter to much and is more convenient. However any parent who can not guide their children through a car park safely should not have children. I managed when looking after my nieces.  And as I pointed out there are only a few available by the doors so in reality when it is busy most parents need to park in a normal bay anyway.

OH and thanks for the advice but I am the registered keeper, so any fines come to me..

although that is not my intention I will windup PJ and Bazj a bit more now. I really disagree with the combined disabled/P+C spaces as found on the bottom floor of the car park on Leigh St. Took my relative to the clinic were the baths was and as the parking at the center is limited went on the public car park and all the disabled spaces were taken up bar one. In front of me a young women in her 20s swings into it and out of the back jumps a young girl of four maybe five. Now my passenger had a heart attack just weeks before and is her 80s, unable to walk far. had to leave her by the entrance while I parked in a normal bay.

When I walked back hardly any car had a blue badge in the window, most had baby seats and baby on board stickers, while elderly people were trying to find somewhere close by to park.

Although for me it was an inconvenience for me, it is a problem for people with disability and on their own.

At Birchwood i watched as a woman set about an elderly couple for daring to park in a P+C spot, eventually security guards intervened

Fit young mothers and daddies can walk

You claim you can read but yet again you go on about walking the extra steps yet again.

Because they are nearly always right by the door where every body wants to park, (well nearly everyone) 

When part of your rationale for being against or getting rid of these spaces is that they are nearly always right by the door, and that sometimes its raining and that sometimes your shopping is too heavy to carry then of course the walking distance is a relevant point to raise.  You frankly are jealous, to the point that you think if you can't park there then nobody should.  How wonderfully philanthropic you are.  I am not surprised that you don't have children and thats possibly a blessing.

It is not the parents who design and build and pay for these car parks but the Private companies on land they purchased and it is them who don't want children and toddlers traversing the sometimes busy car parks, especially when there are so many poor or ignorant drivers about.

The fact that you have never seen these spaces abroad, even though you acknowledge that they exist speaks volumes about your lack of observational skills and nothing else.

So you are trying to wind me up by telling me that you wanted to park in a blue badge bay, without having a blue badge and that somebody else without a blue badge beat you to it.  That doesn't wind me up , it just reaffirms my faith in Karma being a bitch and gives me a right good laugh, thank you. 

All is not lost though Coffee,  being fat has recently been classed as a disability so perhaps ignorance, arrogance and laziness will soon follow and you are sure to get a badge.

I suppose it could have been worse.... It could have been a Skoda!

Ha ha, your jokes are about 30 years out of date :lol:

Nowt wrong with Honda's and I've got one..... although mine must be a better one as it doesn't park where it shouldn't :wink:

I don't park where I shouldn't!!!! I just over stay my welcome. What Honda have you got?

That's the only problem with those self parking cars. :mrgreen:

Again :P