Should it stay or should it go?

Gary

I don't have any issues with the moderation but the disrespect and rudeness on here at times is sickening. I know you can't moderate smart arsed comments or personal digs that fall short of an attack without upsetting those that do it but doing nothing simply gives them a green light to continue. 

It's like having a gang of yobs move into a pub and driven all the regulars away, then asking the yobs where they think the problem is!

If you really want to find out what the problem is, you should be asking those that don't come here now. 

Bill :)

The way it sounded I thought we were going to end up with just one section, where everyone has to be sickly sweet and agree with everything.  It could be called the "Warrington Worldwide knitting circle" , but whatever you do don't mention crochet or you will be banned :D

I don't have any issues with the moderation but the disrespect and rudeness on here at times is sickening. I know you can't moderate smart arsed comments or personal digs that fall short of an attack without upsetting those that do it but doing nothing simply gives them a green light to continue.

I think 'we' have all come to realise now that perhaps at times 'we' have been going a little OTT in replies and shouldn't be doing it Bill.  The forum has seemed been a friendlier place since Gary asked the question so hopefully it will continue and like I've already said if there is something someone doesn't like in future they can simply click the 'report post' button rather than just dwelling on it.

It's like having a gang of yobs move into a pub and driven all the regulars away, then asking the yobs where they think the problem is!

Your post seems to infer that you think people currently on here are YOBs.  I hope you are wearing your hard hat :lol::P

If you really want to find out what the problem is, you should be asking those that don't come here now.

Maybe existing members could ask all their friends why they don't join and/or post.  A huge amount of people read the forum pages daily but mods/admin have no way of knowing who they all are so we can't ask them and even if we put a question on they would have to be members to reply.  Mmmm now there's a thought....

There isn't one and serves you right re confidentiality for being cheeky :lol: ... anyway back to where we were and thanks as I've just used you as a guinea pig too. 

You now have 1 warning point just like me :wink:  Three strikes and we are both out  8)  :lol:

I say keep it - Facebook has too many idiots on it.  I know there are a few here too - but at least they are local idiots!

So who is the village idiot from Stockton Heath & Lymm (seeing as they all claim to be villages when they most obviously aren't anymore!)

I think that this forum should stay, Gary.  I am not a regular user of the forum - but when there is anything I want to know about local issues - then this is the place to look.

I have found that other Warrington groups can be like the Curate's egg - good in parts - but the rules keep changing - and there is no consistency in the Admins' opinions about what the 'rules' should be.

The boys' banter on this forum is amusing, and it's refreshing to see Dizzy's common-sense comments - and she is very good at finding information that can be relied upon.

I have always been shown courtesy on this site - when others have fallen short in that department.

For what it's worth - I think we should give it a go for another few months, at least.

• Upvote 1