'TWO NEW BRIDGES FOR WARRINGTON'

algy

Hot of the press!!

A political news sheet has just been posted through our door and in it is an article by Mr Mowat stating that a new bridge is to be built connecting Chester Road with Bank Quay Station thus easing the congestion at Bridge Foot, great until it backs up from the traffic lights at the top of Parker Street and a second bridge fronm the A56 at Moore linking with the A57 at Sankey. The first bridge is planned for completion by 2017.

Can you scan and upload it Algy as we've not had one round here. 

I agree with what you say about Parker Street and I wonder if that's why they've made the changes to the Sankey Green island from that approach too.  It's not really made a lot of difference though to the traffic flow but at least it's a bit clearer which lane you should be in when you go round the island.

That's true but councilors / political parties and the likes do need something to put in their leaflets and I'm sure all the others will be mentioning it too.  Of course it will be the Lib Dims who have made it all happen and will probably be 'building' the bridges or foundations with their own fare hands as the cameras look on :lol:  
......sorry bit mean of me that but I always remember Celia Jordon posing with a wet paintbrush and paint after making it appear that she was painting the milestone near Stockton Heath swing bridge for her leaflet / news photo shoot.  So funny as we all knew it had been painted the day before by someone and was completely dry and nothing to do with her :lol:  

:lol: :lol:  Yeuch... whatever happened to her ? 

I remember her, Nick Bent and David Mowatt doing a chat in St Thomas Church Hall once.  As soon as she'd said her bit she was off and didn't bother to stay and ming with the crowd for more than a few minutes.  She had a group of what seemed like bodyguards with her too all dressed in black with shades in their top jacket pockets (they must have taken them off when they came inside) who ushered her out and pretty much stopped anyone talking to her for too long.  All the time she was speaking on stage they were looking round and watching people too which was all rather strange.   It was only a community pre election and question time type thing and the three of them had been invited along but maybe she though we all still threw rotten vegies or dunked people in the canal around here or something :lol:

There'll be the obligatory photo in the press soon with various councillors and wannabe MP's pointing at a position where the bridge will be with a mixed look of delight and horror on their faces (Just so they don't upset anyone of course!!)

• Upvote 1

:lol: :lol:  Yeuch... whatever happened to her ? 

I remember her, Nick Bent and David Mowatt doing a chat in St Thomas Church Hall once.  As soon as she'd said her bit she was off and didn't bother to stay and ming with the crowd for more than a few minutes.  She had a group of what seemed like bodyguards with her too all dressed in black with shades in their top jacket pockets (they must have taken them off when they came inside) who ushered her out and pretty much stopped anyone talking to her for too long.  All the time she was speaking on stage they were looking round and watching people too which was all rather strange.   It was only a community pre election and question time type thing and the three of them had been invited along but maybe she though we all still threw rotten vegies or dunked people in the canal around here or something :lol:

Maybe she only had an hour at the car park?

Thanks Algy... you can put it back in the bin now :wink:  

I wonder if there's a draft plan anywhere showing HOW bridge number 1's route may go from Chester Road to Bank Quay or where on the A57 at Great Sankey bridge number 2 may land ?   I just can't think of anywhere number 2 could go unless it met up with Sankey Green Island otherwise it would have to go over the top of houses. Any ideas ?  

I don't expect anybody knows the exact details of the new bridges Dizzy, since I strongly suspect that no such details exist.

It took over 20 years to get to the construction stage of the New Mersey Crossing at Widnes, what with planning, public enquiries, finance, surveying and all the political games, anybody who believes that the local politicians can wave a magic wand and go "Have a new bridge over the river by 2017, no, have two!" needs their bumps feeling!

I've just come across this PDF on the governments website titled "Cheshire & Warrington:  Growth Deal 2014"

It mentions the new bridge over the Mersey in a few places and says it will be a Swing Bridge !?!?   Well unless they can find a way of swinging the two existing bridges at bridge foot too that seems rather pointless :lol: .... although I've not read the full document yet so maybe it says something else too and the doc itself seems to be an attachment to something

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/327617/03_Cheshire_and_Warrington_Growth_Deal.pdf

This is a re-announcement well bridge 1 is - he announced it before and it was even discussed on here ( i think on a general traffic post)

I'm sure i read somewhere at the time that bridge 1 is going somewhere at the bottom chester road near the allotments and will be crossing to near the golf place and will be similar in structure to the blue bridge near the village. The project also involves widening slutchers lane. Can't find where i read it now though...

I imagine bridge 2 will somehow utilise the existing tip bridge to get to sankey.

Apparently the real reason for doing it is not really to do with solving traffic issues - it's so houses can be developed on arpley meadows

This is a re-announcement well bridge 1 is - he announced it before and it was even discussed on here ( i think on a general traffic post)

I'm sure i read somewhere at the time that bridge 1 is going somewhere at the bottom chester road near the allotments and will be crossing to near the golf place and will be similar in structure to the blue bridge near the village. The project also involves widening slutchers lane. Can't find where i read it now though...

I imagine bridge 2 will somehow utilise the existing tip bridge to get to sankey.

Apparently the real reason for doing it is not really to do with solving traffic issues - it's so houses can be developed on arpley meadows

Would have thought they would use the blue bridge and the roads that are already there, ie sluchers Lane,