English -

observer

According to the NHS website, all doctors applying for a licence to practise medicine in the UK “must demonstrate competence in the English language by achieving a specific mark in the International English Language Testing System”.

But I don't nor do I walk round looking to blame immigration for all the worlds ills.  As I have told you I am probably in as good or better position to know about the hospital as you.  The NHS has over 130,000 employees not from Britain, what do you suggest sack em all?  replace them with all those indigenous trained personnel presently sat doing nothing?  You are always banging on about politicians using the NHS as a political football but I suppose its different when its Farage sticking the boot in.  

Sorry, but in my opinion you don't observe anything; that counters your luvvie view of the world. I've had communications problems with many "foreign" staff, the worst being an Indian registrar, who phoned me to attend my late Father. She was so bad on the phone, I thought it was a cold call from Bangalore, so nearly put the phone down. When I did see her, her English was no better. There are indigenous trained NHS staff who have left to rear a family or are students, who can't get back into the service due to job blocking. Not that they're not needed anyway; but it seems the NHS can't afford the necessary increase in staff, and no doubt foreign labour will be cheaper and more compliant. Farage has merely come out with another dose of common sense, that strikes a chord with most of us, who have seen the reality around us.

What a load of codswallop.  There you go again with your anecdotal claptrap.  How do you know what I observe, at least I am not blinkered by bigotry as you are.  The NHS would cease to function properly if it weren't for its ability to employ the correct trained staff from outside these shores.  all doctors applying for a licence to practise medicine in the UK “must demonstrate competence in the English language by achieving a specific mark in the International English Language Testing System”.  I suppose you hear a foreign accent and the hackles come up.    So you had to go through the trauma of speaking to an Indian doctor, get over it.  There are no discriminatory pay scales within the NHS between indigenous and immigrant workers,  that would be wrong and illegal.  As for the bonkers implication that indigenous ex staff are all signing on, all these highly trained surgeons, doctors and nurses all sat on their thumbs because the NHS would prefer to employ non english staff, well you sound like a bigger balloon than your hero Farage.  Who incidentally believes that the NHS should follow the US model but has accepted a more voter friendly party approach, until May.

Denial?  I tell you what I want from a doctor, someone trained and competent and fully able to treat me,  not one who can simply speak like Boris Johnson crossed with Stephen Fry.  Do you still claim that NHS workers from abroad are paid less than indigenous equals or is that just another of your little lies?  its you who is in denial, as anything that doesnt sit well with your slanted bigoted views is simply dismissed or ignored.  I will put it again, According to the NHS website, all doctors applying for a licence to practise medicine in the UK “must demonstrate competence in the English language by achieving a specific mark in the International English Language Testing System”.  As this statement exists it is proof that all that Farage is doing is playing politics with the NHS and stirring up more racial tensions.   Now if you were dissatisfied with the accent of the doctor trying to care for your late father you should have complained to the relevant body.

According to you, it's impossible to get staff that have poor English, so there would be nothing to complain about - unless of course, it was actually true; which you will continue to disbelieve, so I'm flogging  a dead horse again.

You just make it up as you go along, where did I say that?  I don't doubt that the Indian doctor who spoke to you had an Indian accent, they do tend to.  What I object to is the political exploitation of our NHS by Farage when there is already in place a minimum English speaking test for doctors not from this country.  These people are as  dedicated, caring and expert as our indigenous health care workers and do a fantastic job but they are an easy target for racist bigots hellbent on stiring up hatred wherever they can.  I mean you were just saying how you would like to sink that boat filled with hundreds of people fleeing war torn Syria.  

Your claim that there are tens of thousands of trained healthcare experts, all British, wallowing on the dole because their jobs have been blocked is a lie.

Your claim that immigrant NHS workers are paid less than equivalent British staff is a lie.