More Tory Sleaze

Eddie

Originally posted by JONJL:

Oh yeah because after all Paul without meaning to sound rude or anything, your Party are so clean and innocent aren't they? Not.

It is quite clear we still have some problems, and when they come to light they are being sorted. I have never nor will ever defend the indefensible.

[ 31.01.2008, 18:56: Message edited by: Paul Kennedy ]

On the wages front an MP currently gets ?60,675 ministers get an additional amount ranging from about 30,000 to the Prime Minister ?128,000. Staffing allowance of about ?100,000 to pay for 3 full time staff and 1 part timer, travel costs, housing allowance ?23,000 ish or hotel allowance if they don't want a house in London plus the latest ?10,000 communication allowance.

I happen to think a Prime Minister should be the highest paid Civil Servant, at ?188,000ish it is along way short.

Unfortunately and understandably it is difficult to have a rational debate on the subject....so maybe best left for me to sort out :D ...tell you what they might get a higher salary, but their pensions and expenses/allowances would be getting a good looking at and the number of MPs. :wink:

Originally posted by BazJ:

Well compared to NULAB I would say the tories are bloody squeaky clean! At least when the tories were in power you expected a bit of sleaze and fiddling, NULAB were elected on the anti sleaze banner and have now sunk so low that they are even breaking the rules and regs that they brought in so that they commit more sleaze!

:wink:

MP's should spend the first year on the minimum wage that THEY introduced....

No family employees and no ?23,000 in housing perks. My wages pay for my house and when I have to go to London or wherever, I get a train and stay in a Hotel...

?23,000.... no wonder you want to be an MP Paul!

Originally posted by BazJ:

MP's should spend the first year on the minimum wage that THEY introduced....

No family employees and no ?23,000 in housing perks. My wages pay for my house and when I have to go to London or wherever, I get a train and stay in a Hotel...

?23,000.... no wonder you want to be an MP Paul!

With regards to the hotel, that is an MPs other option they either have the housing or hotel allowance not both. The do of course pay themselves for their main home. The London option is because that is where they have to work for some of their time and isn't unreasonable subject to any profit on rising property values is repaid to the country when they retire and the house is sold etc.

PS I have no chance of being an MP...for a main party....as I'm not on the approved list. Anyway thankfully plan B suits me fine.

PPS I wouldn't have been in it for the money. :)

[ 01.02.2008, 07:52: Message edited by: Paul Kennedy ]