Icy roads

Sha

I walked along Fairfield Road, Stockton Heath, yesterday morning. The road had not been gritted.

The road and pavements were extremely slippy. It's a pity that the majority of drivers didn't notice or care about the conditions.

They just carried on regardless, driving too fast even for dry conditions.

No better today, side roads are white with frost this morning footpaths no better. not been up to the main road yet but probably slightly less frosty due to traffic.

probably find that they can't grit the roads because all the grit has frozen up or the grit lorrys can't get out of the compound due to the icy conditions :lol:

Can't have them slipping over and being off work for weeks with an injury leaving nobody to run the town can we.

Then there is the no blame then claim wallers to contend with. they are actually saving your council tax money by gritting the employees car parking areas etc. **

note that the roads are white again with frost this morning so a bit of extra care whilst out and about needed until it thaws again.

** on a slight tangent, does anybody know how many claims have to be submitted before the council will resurface a footpath ?

Not really paranoia seeing as you've made up an opinion on behalf of somebody else then tried to hold them to it. Interesting but transparent. 

And who have I forced opinion on?  

Perhaps best just leave it there as your toys are still all over the place from last time :wink:

Most of the roads round here were very icy, some were obvious but others had a lot of black ice and some were still icy today.   Most are not on the gritting route though so only to be expected.  Ellesmere Road was bad but that's on the secondary gritting route but has to be very prolonged ice to get done. 

We noticed how bad Fairfield Road was too Victor which surprised us as that has always been on the Primary gritting route and still seems to be according to the councils interactive map but it hadn't been done.  I wonder if they have stopped the bus service that went along it or something meaning there is 'no need' to grit it this year or perhaps it was just missed.

Surely the two busy main roads which run parallel to the Manchester Ship Canal with it's flimsy fence should be gritted as standard though especially as both are still 30mph although you would think the speed limit was higher the way some idiots drive down them...... don't get me started on them !!   

That's not the point though PJ.... even the police were warning about certain roads being dangerous due to black ice and cars skidding on them round here. 

I don't expect the council to grit all roads and I know how the system works re primary and secondary routes and like you say it was only icy for a few days but where roads are on the primary gritting route they should be done.   Even our 2.5 ton 4x4 slid on Ellesmere Road when we braked but no probs as we were doing less than 10mph... unlike the other dipsticks (polite word). 

One DPD delivery man drove along in his big transit with no hands on his steering wheel while messing with his mobile phone... anyway like I said don't get me started on people like that pillock !!!

Happy New Year by the way :lol: :lol: