Disgusting Service by Warrington Private Hire Operator

reader

Yesterday we booked a car to collect from Daresbury Village with ABBA Cars.  The booking was accepted with no comment to collect us at 5:45pm  at 6pm we phoned to ask what time they were expecting to pick us up as we were outside and it was very cold.   No plans to pick you up we have no drivers.  Why couldnt this IQ zero telephone person have said this at the time of booking. 

What this did do though is, via helpfull staff in the pub is find us someone who was there within 5 minutes (with a car a lot tidier than the abba one who dropped us off a couple of days previously)

We were told by a couple of pub customers this was not an uncommon happening with abba

The trick is to book the taxi as early as possible and not leave it until the last moment especially if your outside the town as most computerized taxi companies assign a higher priority to advance bookings. I can't speak for Abba or how it operates but Direct Cars and Arrival Star seem to be well organised and offer a text-back service that allows you to stay inside until the car arrives.

Bill :)

Reading readers post they do not say when they actually booked the taxi.

Most of you are assuming they just called and asked for a taxi for pick up about ten minutes before they needed it.

They may have booked it at ten in the morning in which case yes it is bad service.

So a bit of clarification from reader may help clear that point up. if it was a case brought into court it would have been thrown out through lack of evidence.

The car was booked Saturday with time to be confirmed Monday which it was - Rubbish service no other word to describe and WHY didnt the iq zero say they couldnt accept the booking just another case of lack of customer service

Post above yours just incase you missed it Evils :wink:

Any readers, having read readers post could be forgiven for reading it incorrectly. Having re-read readers post having now put on my reading glasses I believe I have now read it the way reader wanted me to read it in the first place.

Think I need my reading glasses to read this the way it was meant to be read!

Almost all taxi companies are computerized these days and I don't know of a single one of them that will allow a booking to be taken without entering an exact pickup time so my guess would be that the booking simply wasn't taken. Even the most professional of companies wouldn't accept this sort of booking and would normally ask you to ring back when you know what time you want picking up then they could take the booking properly. If you did that, then yes poor service but otherwise at rush hour it's asking a bit much!

Bill :) 

Maybe I have been spoilt by taxi services in the past as I have only ever used Sids brother in the past and judge everyone else by his service. 

Bill the confirmation time on Monday was made at the time they requested when orginally booked

Speaking to a guy who operates out of abba the other day and he suggested it was due to the pickup being in Daresbury - drivers dont like going that far out to pick up !!

All finished with now