Free Park and Ride Warrington ???

Dizzy

If you don't transgress they can't fine you. If you don't know how long you will be parked for there is nothing to stop you coming back for another ticket before the other runs out, other than laziness or stupidity.

Yes there is actually, the terms and conditions clearly state no return with 1 hour. But even if not, are you really going to say to your nurse or GP "can I just stop you there while I pop out for a new car park ticket"?

I don't think we need a surplus. Free parking throughout the borough would be the best all round but it won't happen.

If that's what you want then you're voting for the wrong party. Liebor will only ever increase taxes and charges to pay for their pet preojects

• Downvote 1

Yes there is actually, the terms and conditions clearly state no return with 1 hour. 

Nonsense and you know it, the no return means you can't simply park for the first free hour then whiz round the block and "return" to start another free hour. There is nothing to stop you extending your stay by topping up your ticket.  

are you really going to say to your nurse or GP "can I just stop you there while I pop out for a new car park ticket"?

No, what I would do is pay for enough time as it could take for me to go about my business,  anything else would be my own fault and I would accept the ticket as I had been, stupid, arrogant or ignorant.

If that's what you want then you're voting for the wrong party. Liebor will only ever increase taxes and charges to pay for their pet preojects

Firstly you presume , without knowing, which way I intend to vote and secondly I don't recall free parking throughout the Borough when it was under the control of the LibDem Tory alliance a few years ago.  I think that is perhaps your paranoia rearing its ugly head rather than any factually based argument.  Thirdly, what Wolfie said.

Nonsense and you know it, the no return means you can't simply park for the first free hour then whiz round the block and "return" to start another free hour. There is nothing to stop you extending your stay by topping up your ticket.  

The ticket clearly states no return within 1 hour. You cannot "top up" your existing ticket, you can only purchase a new one - which will automatically include a free hour. People can and have been issued parking tickets for doing this.

No, what I would do is pay for enough time as it could take for me to go about my business,  anything else would be my own fault and I would accept the ticket as I had been, stupid, arrogant or ignorant.

Ignorant as to how long your medical appointment is going to take, whether or not the doctor has been called out on an emergency, or whether and by how much the clinic you are attending is running late? At the point when they pull up and park, how could anyone be otherwise?

You're correct when you say "Firstly you presume , without knowing, which way I intend to vote", however your dogged defence of indefensible descrimination against one section of the community in order to favour another and use of untrue statements to bolster your arguements is very remeniscent of what we were subjected to by that snake-oil salesman Blair for all the years he and his cronies were busy mortgaging our futures to pay for their votes.

So go on then, my voting preferences are amply recorded on here, how do you intend to vote? Or are you ashamed to say?

The ticket clearly states no return within 1 hour. You cannot "top up" your existing ticket, you can only purchase a new one - which will automatically include a free hour. People can and have been issued parking tickets for doing this.

Ignorant as to how long your medical appointment is going to take, whether or not the doctor has been called out on an emergency, or whether and by how much the clinic you are attending is running late? At the point when they pull up and park, how could anyone be otherwise?

You're correct when you say "Firstly you presume , without knowing, which way I intend to vote", however your dogged defence of indefensible descrimination against one section of the community in order to favour another and use of untrue statements to bolster your arguements is very remeniscent of what we were subjected to by that snake-oil salesman Blair for all the years he and his cronies were busy mortgaging our futures to pay for their votes.

So go on then, my voting preferences are amply recorded on here, how do you intend to vote? Or are you ashamed to say?

Then the Health Centre are at fault and should let you know there will be a delay of whatever amount of time, and you can go buy the relevant amount of parking. If you are prepared to chance the free hour ( a privilege not shared with town centre car park users so maybe you have a point regarding discrimination) being enough time for your appointment and you run over and get a ticket, pay up and shut up.  Otherwise ask at reception when you arrive if the doctor has been called out.

You know when you go into that booth to vote,  have you ever wondered why there is nobody there recording where you put your "x", to vote in private is a basic right of Democracy in this Country and nothing to be ashamed of.  Just because you wish to brag about being a Tory and that you have a massive chip on your shoulder regarding how horribly treated the good folk of Lymm are just to subsidise the "other lot over the water" doesn't mean I should give up this right just to pander to your obvious paranoia and snobbery.  You, the man who wants to ban any parking anywhere near schools, and who wants to charge everyone to park on the street regardless of whether they even own a car or not and who thinks all visitors to the town must be forced to park, without permission on retail parks and supermarkets and walk to their final destination, and finally (possibly your finest moment) , you who suggests that infecting hundreds of millions of people with a very deadly virus is a reasonable price to pay if it means that some of the dead will be terrorists,  that's simply terrorism on a much wider scale than even Hitler contemplated.  Now there IS something to be ashamed of saying.

PJ is right to a certain extent which is why I think the council should adopt the same strategy in employee car parks. Don't take whatever portion of the true cost of parking is paid directly from their salaries. introduce pay and display, no change given by the machines, incremental ticket prices based on your ability to guess how long you are going to be and ever present traffic wardens. They'll wipe out the Borough's parking deficit in no time as people pay more than they need to or are subject to instant fines. 

As I said before, I can't see how machines that don't give change are still legal. 

Can you imagine if the Council guessed how much your poll tax was going to be and just sent everyone a bill for say £3,000.00? 

You might have only paid £1,500.00 or £2,000.00 previously, but if they adopted the same logic to that as they do to pay and display machines in car parks; there would be a bit more of an outcry!