Looking for Howard Percival or his Relatives from the Grappenhall Area

algy

Right my two able accomplices!, why does my life get so complicated and nothing is ever straight forward, fist - a name change, I have received theis reply from The Royal Green Jackets Site regarding Howard Percival who it seems is not Howard Percival but Howard Dobson so I would assume he was adopted or at least taken in by the Percivals.

Algy,

You are in fact looking for Howard DOBSON (see postcard). I’m afraid he’s not on our database as a member of the RGJ Association. However, there is always FACEBOOK!

I’ll ask around on the RGJ Facebook pages and see if I get any results. It may take a while though.

Seamus

So I need to find a Howard Dobson or his offsprings if there are any!.

You are absolutely correct but other than Howard Dobsons details everything else are really assumptions based on circumstantial information and I certainly hav'nt proved anything that would stand up in court, Tracey.

This is Mary (as I call her) and her mother and father in 1946 (written on the back of the photo on scribbled pencil) and again making an assumption but does she look pregnant to you?.

The problem is that if 1946 is the correct date, young Howard had already been born in the first quarter of 1944.

1_zps558a889c.jpg

OK catchup time again.....

If Howard (now Dobson) was iligitimate/adopted/or maybe a son from a first marriage ... and of Mary Percival who married Patrick Redmond WHY is the postcard he sent to a Mrs A V Redmond ?

I just presumed the the name and address on Howard's postcard ie (H W Dobson) was another persons name and address that all mail went to and was then passed on Howard or whoever. 

Durh stupid me... I already said that A V might be her husbands initials but I only remembered after I pressed the post button.

It seems strange that it's proving so difficult to find birth/marriage/death records that match any of them though as it's not usually this hard especially with us all looking.  

Sorry I missed a chunk out and have just seen your post and upload re Howard W Dobson  = mother Percival in 1944.

Well done Algy :D

I don't think that would mean he was illigitimate though as don't records show the mothers maiden name. 

Maybe she was married to a Dobson who died but she then married again and she became a Percival.

I'm probably just confusing matters even more here but thought I'd mention in just in case.... A marriage in Warrington in 1937 between an Elsie Percival and a Dobson

England & Wales, Marriage Index, 1916-2005 Marriage & Divorce View Image Name:  Elsie Percival Spouse:  Dobson Marriage:  Mar 1937  - Warrington, Lancashire Other:  QJan-Jan-Feb-Mar 1937

Edit.. I realise that wouldn't make sense because Howard wrote to Mrs (A V) Percival in his postcard and called her 'mum' so the surname for Elsie would then be wrong as she too would have been a Dobson but I was just wondering if there was perhaps a connection as maybe Elsie and her hubby could have died or something and Howard may have been take in/adopted by Mrs (AV) Percival and her hubby as their own.

I don't know if this makes sense Dizz and Tracey, other than young Howard and the wedding date of 1953 everything else is based on judging the ages of the Percival clan and searching FreeBMD in the Warrington area for Percivals around the time of the estimated ages and birth years and Howards mothers maiden name was definitely Percival.

MaryPercivalmarriageTPatrickJRedmond1953

1927 Harold Percival marries Inskip (Maud) problem - not AV as on Howards postcard to his mother.

1Husband-HaroldPercival_zps3e901015.jpg

1927 Maud Inskip marries Percival (Harold)

2Wife-MaudInskipPercival_zps239993da.jpg

1929 Mary Percival born to mother with maiden name Inskip (Maud) not AV.

3Daughter-MaryPercival_zps305916ab.jpg

1944 Howard W  born to mother with maiden name Percival. Howard W later known as Dobson.

1944B1-D-0307_zps696c2dd7.jpg

1953 Mary Percival marries Redmond (Patrick J).

1953M3-P-0036_zps33881f63.jpg

1953. Patrick J Redmond marries Percival (Mary).

1953M3-R-0103_zps213b835a.jpg