Let them go?

observer

Quite a lot of fuss arising from the nutters heading to join ISIS; some being arrested, charged and possibly imprisoned for wanting to go there. Imprisonment would cost the tax-payer, and arguably prison, with similar nutters, would simply reinforce their perverse ideology. So, why don't they just let them go, on the understanding that they will never be allowed back, and perhaps include their immediate families too?  Then we can leave the rest to the USAF and local Kurds & Iraqis to deal with.

• Upvote 4

Every news item about today's withdrawal from Afghanistan has included a reporter asking various people what they think our involvement has achieved. Apparently, the country's opium crop is better now than when the west first intervened & we have a Taliban force ,in the form of IS, that is better organised, better armed & more aggressive.That is progress ?

Quite a lot of fuss arising from the nutters heading to join ISIS; some being arrested, charged and possibly imprisoned for wanting to go there. Imprisonment would cost the tax-payer, and arguably prison, with similar nutters, would simply reinforce their perverse ideology. So, why don't they just let them go, on the understanding that they will never be allowed back, and perhaps include their immediate families too?  Then we can leave the rest to the USAF and local Kurds & Iraqis to deal with.

Can't knock the logic there  Ob's... 

Although if I were a Kurd and the Yanks were flying over me I would invest in a good quality tin hat  :unsure: