Cafe culture ?

observer

Just as I was getting used to and enjoying the emerging café culture in the Town Centre; seems the Council are considering taking us back by allowing alcohol sales; think we used to call such places pubs.  We've got "pubs" already, and while pavement tables and chairs may be fine, at least for those who like a fag with their pint (weather providing of course); do we really want to extend booze to the rest of the cafes? 

• Upvote 2

are you reffering to todays article.

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/19387/1/Pavement-cafes-may-serve-drinks-without-meals/Page1.html

What I am unsure of is the times. Who would want to sit out at nine in the morning drinking in the street, especially when there are signs up all over the town centre saying that the streets are a no alcohol zone?

Just as I was getting used to and enjoying the emerging café culture in the Town Centre; seems the Council are considering taking us back by allowing alcohol sales; think we used to call such places pubs.  We've got "pubs" already, and while pavement tables and chairs may be fine, at least for those who like a fag with their pint (weather providing of course); do we really want to extend booze to the rest of the cafes? 

No we dont.!!!

Or else Golden Square could become Bridge St Mark 2 (Heaven Forbid)

• Upvote 1

Yes, but they appear mature enough to cope with a glass of wine; unfortunately our yob culture has difficulty with drink.

Wow, I am impressed at how broad a brush you wield to make your sweeping generalisations, this time about " Da Yoof".  Young people have always gone out and congregated together in wherever was trendy, even in my day but I don't think that it will be the young who frequent the cafe bar scene to be honest.  I ventured into Wetherspoons one morning for a breakfast and it was full of boozers already on the lash, none of them were under 40.  

• Downvote 1

Wow, I am impressed at how broad a brush you wield to make your sweeping generalisations, this time about " Da Yoof".  Young people have always gone out and congregated together in wherever was trendy, even in my day but I don't think that it will be the young who frequent the cafe bar scene to be honest.  I ventured into Wetherspoons one morning for a breakfast and it was full of boozers already on the lash, none of them were under 40.  

_55988904_cameron_getty.jpgOh I see your point  :roll:

Bless the little darlings.

The Feathers?  The Lion?   Take your pick, go check out Wetherspoons if you want more anecdotal cack to back up your cack argument ,  my wife has the not so envious task of having to treat middle aged pissheads every working day.  Youth has no monopoly on alcohol abuse.

Never took you for a bigot just a blowhard

The Feathers?  The Lion?   Take your pick, go check out Wetherspoons if you want more anecdotal cack to back up your cack argument ,  my wife has the not so envious task of having to treat middle aged pissheads every working day.  Youth has no monopoly on alcohol abuse.

Never took you for a bigot just a blowhard

I think you might be missing the point. Not for the first time. I'm agreeing with you. No group has a monopoly on alcoholism, bad behaviour or whatever.  

And don't get personal again. It just runs the forum down. 

So, we've already got boozers with seating outside; so why increase their numbers?  You need to think back to when "no alcohol" zones were first being advocated; it was a time when a myopic Labour Gov scrapped closing times, which resulted in the ruination of most Town Centres in the Country; and the antics of dead heads where shown nightly on TV news.  That may have reduced somewhat, as most of the performers will now be awaiting liver transplants. As for heaters, not sure they work Diz, which leaves the idea dependent on the weather (Summer only); although we may get some sun this week-end, according to reports.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1