Ebola ?

observer

Observers ignorance is a joy to watch, He can't see past the colour of peoples skin, I think you mean Pakistanis on immigration Obs not Indians, they probably look all the same to you though your ignorance Obs, what a sad Bar-Steward you actually are, and to think you wanted to be a Labour councillor, Just goes to prove my point that you were only with Labour as you thought you might get elected and join the gravy train, that same gravy train you now moan about, is it because of sour grapes as you could not get aboard :lol:

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you trying to be a Labour councillor with your views, It gives me a renewed confidence in voters that you were so easily seen through.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well that one just exposes how ignorant you are PJ: the reason we now risk pandemics is precisely due to greater global people movement. Infectious diseases spread through human to human contact; the greater the contact, the greater the spread; hence the need for containment and isolation. But don't let that interfere with your luvvie dogma. As for Lt; clearly he's run out of argument on the relevant issues; and where he's fished this India - Pakistan thing from, remains a mystery; plently of "Indians" in the UK Kije, and some wear turbans and have long beards;  but I was referring to overseas aid in case you can't read.

• Upvote 2

Well that one just exposes how ignorant you are PJ: the reason we now risk pandemics is precisely due to greater global people movement. Infectious diseases spread through human to human contact; the greater the contact, the greater the spread; hence the need for containment and isolation. But don't let that interfere with your luvvie dogma. As for Lt; clearly he's run out of argument on the relevant issues; and where he's fished this India - Pakistan thing from, remains a mystery; plently of "Indians" in the UK Kije, and some wear turbans and have long beards;  but I was referring to overseas aid in case you can't read.

Its not coming in on illegal immigrants clinging to the bottom of a truck ,in fact it isn't coming in at all and if it does it will be via air travel which is legal. 

They'll be kicking off when ebola arrives here under a lorry - tears before bedtime etc ! :lol:

So you know that none of the thousands of illegal immigrants making their way from sub-saharan African to Europe, are completely ebola free PJ?  No you don't, you really haven't got a clue, which makes your arguments so dangerous for the rest of us. To repeat: plagues are spread by human to human contact; the greater the population mobility, the greater the risk of transmission; whether that mobility be legal or illegal.

So you know that none of the thousands of illegal immigrants making their way from sub-saharan African to Europe, are completely ebola free PJ?  No you don't, you really haven't got a clue, which makes your arguments so dangerous for the rest of us. To repeat: plagues are spread by human to human contact; the greater the population mobility, the greater the risk of transmission; whether that mobility be legal or illegal.

can you prove any of this ebola transmission by illegal immigration into Britain?  I doubt it because its not happening. is the Ebola outbreak just a fantastic little bonus to you on your anti immigration crusade.  Making  this epidemic Political is where the danger lies and making political advantage of it is as low as it gets.

I realise, the reality drives a horse and cart through your argument; but the reality is quite simple: anyone arriving in the UK from an ebola affected area presents a risk; hence the Gov attempts at screening air passengers. Whilst screening can be a waste of time, due to the 21 day incubation period; at least legal entrants will be (or should be) traceable and are more likely to report symptoms to the authorities. Illegal entrants, by definition, won't be screened and will be less likely to report illness, for fear of deportation. It's a no brainer.

• Upvote 1

PJ. P&O are still advertising cruises to calling in at Walvis Bay in Namibia although Fred Olsen have cancelled all African Cruises.

Namibia has had fewer cases of ebola (zero) than the U.S.A.  perhaps we should ban travel to and from there instead :wink:

I realise, the reality drives a horse and cart through your argument; but the reality is quite simple: anyone arriving in the UK from an ebola affected area presents a risk; hence the Gov attempts at screening air passengers. Whilst screening can be a waste of time, due to the 21 day incubation period; at least legal entrants will be (or should be) traceable and are more likely to report symptoms to the authorities. Illegal entrants, by definition, won't be screened and will be less likely to report illness, for fear of deportation. It's a no brainer.

Reality?  well the reality is that you are making up this spread of ebola from illegal immigrants hiding under trucks.  It has not happened and its highly unlikely it will.  You are trying to cash in on peoples fear of this virus by making this wild claim.  It is totally irresponsible and reprehensible behavior yet not surprising and the absolute lowest form of politicking. You ought to be ashamed but you won't be as I doubt you have that ability.  If you feel this is a reasonable fear do you suggest  banning all transport in and out of the country until the epidemic is over? Get real.

How do YOU know that "it's highly unlikely it will"?  It's not a "wild claim"; it's perfectly possible and within the bounds of probability, if this epidemic continues; thus we should be prepared for it; not ignore it on the grounds it doesn't fit in with some complacent PC view of the world. I'm not suggesting "banning all transport", merely that Gov cover this contingency; which to date, they have failed to do. As for your indignation, I'm way past being worried about PC luvvie shout downs, nothing, in terms of issues is or should be taboo; even if you may wish it so.

• Upvote 1

Are you totally ignorant of the situation?  It's been covered regularly on the news and in TV documentary reports. Illegals have been filmed in Calais, jumping onto/under HGVs; there are an estimated 4,000 illegals in and around Calais. How do they get there? Well, the main entry points are through Greece, Italy and Spain, after which, thanks to Shengen, there are no further controls till Calais. As you may deduce, it may take more than 21 days for an individual to get to Calais, but the virus won't be relying on any single indivividual, it gets passed on with each and every contact. No doubt it would be spotted in the internment camps at entry points, but by that time it would have moved on through contacts. As for the transportation issue, this applies equally to legal travel; it would seem a wise precaution to lock down the three most affected countries, until some control has been established; so yes, a ban on travel from the affected areas would appear common sense.

Obviously none as yet, they had a scabies problem recently, but I guess we don't need to worry about that. The point is, the avenues for access to the UK are there; with no checks and little tracing abilty; so it remains a risk. Just because we've not yet had a known case in Calais, or indeed at the points of entry in Spain or Italy, doesn't mean we wont or can't. They believed the Titanic was unsinkable, right up to the moment it sank !    

we haven't had a known case in any of the countries you named as the routes for thousands of immigrants and yet you are warning people that there are "illegals" infected with ebola, sneaking into Britain under trucks.  Get a grip man, immigration is not to blame for all the worlds woes as you would have folk believe.  

there could be a giant space dragon about to destroy earth, but there isn't is there ?  so it would be stupid to say so wouldn't it?   You really do need to get over your obsession of trying to blame everything bad that happens in Britain on the immigrants and immigration, it seems to be the only song you know the words to.

• Downvote 1

so the answer is to close all the airports and shoot down any plane headed foo england, blockade all teh ports and sink any ship that hasn't stood off the coast for a month with no reported cases of any illness whatsoever, and finally fill in the channel tunnel sit back and wait for the hwole country to grind to a halt and decend into barbarianism. it could happen but probably won't will it?

As did Nazism in Germany,they blamed all their woes on the Jews and look where that led, the world at war and millions of Jewish people gassed and murdered in the name of Nationalism. Not really my idea of a better country but I suppose that some would feel at home at last. Immigration isn't the cause of our ills but its an easy scapegoat for bigoted politicians to use to get votes.

What's rather amusing is the defence of "illegal" immigration, as if somehow, such illegality should be tolerated. As for the EU element, there's a cure for that when we get a referendum. As for "the bigots", as you call them, they're on the increase as the penny drops, as to what they are now seeing going on around them. Such is the nature of democracy and free speech !

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1