British hostage Alan Henning Murdered Yesterday.

algy

Your suggestion is so pathetic I struggled for words to describe why it was so.  You think it a wise idea to unleash a deadly virus onto large parts of the earth in order to hopefully kill whoever killed that poor bloke from Salford.  How will you deliver your Biological weapon?  Bomb every area where Isis are, were, might be?  Infect the whole Middle East for a start?  Then sit back and watch it spread as people form a mass exodus to seek help?  Destroy civilisation as we know it?  Great plan.   A completely stupid kneejerk reaction.  To be honest its about as dumb as I have heard on here and that's quite an achievement.  As for me offering an alternative suggestion,  I have no answers.  The difference is I am not arrogant or stupid enough to think I do. 

Sometimes it's better to keep quiet and let people wonder if you are dense than it is to open your gob and remove all doubt..... 

I've really no idea what the solution could be or even if there is one. 

They are barbaric and pure evil and will stop at nothing and they seem to be growing in numbers and spreading by the day.  Apart from the more obvious ones how on earth will any force find them all and stop them all.... I don't think they will :( 

So the complete eradication of all the different people and peoples from the Middle East is fair game to give you a chance to kill some terrorists?  I despair as would Allan Henning, I imagine, as these were the very people he was trying to help.  Babies and children should never be considered expendable or  collateral , not if you consider yourself civilised

Clearly these nut cases need to be totally eradicated, to the last man and woman; whether that's possible with just air power and poorly armed local ground forces is open to question. Turkey, Syria, Iran and Saudi; need to be involved in a political settlement (and perhaps donate forces) in Iraq, to provide a three way division of the country - Kurds, Sunnis and Sheite.  However, the real preventative fight is  further upstream; very difficult to kill an idea; but despite the fact that this is a distortion of a religion, religious sectarianism is still the basis of the ideology. So, time we developed a totally secular education system in this country; with no public financial support for any religion. Also, extreme web sites need to be challenged by rational argument from those who adhere to the peacefull nature of a given religion. But, in the short term - folk should just avoid these areas.

Errm, PJ, I didn't suggest atom bombs or ebola btw. This could take some time, even assuming the West was prepared to put boots on the ground. However, properly armed and trained local forces could probably do the job, with US air support. But this needs to be backed by the main players in the region - Turkey, Iran, Syria (Assad) and the Saudis. It may be difficult to put the Blair/Bush genie back in the bottle; but we need to recognise the stupidity behind imagining that these medieval cultures can sustain liberal democracies and recognise that the lesser of evils is some secular tyrant like Assad. After all, it took us over 300 years to arrive at the mother of parliaments, so it may be too much to expect these countries to do it in 3 years.

Errm, PJ, I didn't suggest atom bombs or ebola btw. This could take some time, even assuming the West was prepared to put boots on the ground. However, properly armed and trained local forces could probably do the job, with US air support. But this needs to be backed by the main players in the region - Turkey, Iran, Syria (Assad) and the Saudis. It may be difficult to put the Blair/Bush genie back in the bottle; but we need to recognise the stupidity behind imagining that these medieval cultures can sustain liberal democracies and recognise that the lesser of evils is some secular tyrant like Assad. After all, it took us over 300 years to arrive at the mother of parliaments, so it may be too much to expect these countries to do it in 3 years.

No, I know you didn't Observer and I'm sorry Imade it look like I inferred so.  Inky Pete seems to think that infecting and killing up to 360 million people  (population of middle East and North Africa,) a fair price to pay to get revenge on some disgusting monsters.  Oh and the 360 million is  just for starters as I am sure the virus would spread beyond ink lines on a map. 

As long as the neck sawing savages keep getting instant top billing in the Western media they'll carry on doing it.

If the first murder had been stifled with a video ban and a bare report that 'A Western hostage is reported to have been killed by extremists' that would have been the end of it. 

I have to wonder if the authorities are playing this up to gain public support for their activities in the Middle East.

After the case of the non existent WMDs in Iraq which Blair used to justify the attack on that country, I suspect they're capable of it.

As long as the neck sawing savages keep getting instant top billing in the Western media they'll carry on doing it.

If the first murder had been stifled with a video ban and a bare report that 'A Western hostage is reported to have been killed by extremists' that would have been the end of it. 

I have to wonder if the authorities are playing this up to gain public support for their activities in the Middle East.

After the case of the non existent WMDs in Iraq which Blair used to justify the attack on that country, I suspect they're capable of it.

A breath of fresh air and common sense 

These maniacs need to be obliterated ,but  i think it should be their Arab neighbours leading the assault to try & nullify the sentiment within these people that the west are the bad boys all the time. The Arabs need to impress on their brethren that times have moved on & religion no longer makes the world go round.

I honestly can't see any further than ground combat to rid the world of these butchers because terrorism on this scale can't be tolerated.  I do wonder though how a country that is downsizing its army in favour of territorials could sustain anything more than a peace keeping mission.

This large group of barbarians calling themselves the 'Islamic State Group' are not a disorganised rabble, they armed themselves with up to date US weaponry from the Iraqi army barracks when the Iraqis fled, they are not walking the streets with collecting boxes asking for donations for their fanatical cause so someone is funding this organisation, who?, find that source and stop it, perhaps the reluctant to fight Arab sheiks have a smelly finger in the pie, someone must have an idea!.

They are a Sunni organisation, and have allegedly received funding from the Saudis, either formally or informally. However, that may be drying up, now that they've become an embarrassment. They do have control of a few oil wells, to sell cheaply on the black market, but I don't know who's buying it. Given their level of recruitment and support globally, we can assume funds as well as martyrs will find their way to the Caliphate. That's why it's important to get the Saudis and Gulf States on board to eradicate this cancer. Not to forget of course, they will get funds from ransoms, from countries like France and Italy.