Who decides?

observer

:lol: Unfortunately not a laughing matter for those affected nowadays Baz;  we've had cases on the news of mentally disturbed individuals killing their elderly parents, and I'm aware of a case closer to home. So, who actually decides on the balance of risks, that someone should be confined to a mental hospital, and are there enough facilities for them?

Thanks Sid, it merely confirms my understanding of the situation; but these could be any doctors; it doesn't seem to locate responsibility with one post, such as the head of social services or NHS. Without going into too much detail; a 15yo lad, with a drugs problem, not taking his meds properly; presenting a risk to his single mother and family and himself; clearly requires secure treatment. But the question is, since the wholesale sell off of Mental Hospitals (like Winwick), and the move to so-called care in the community; where do they send them, and have they got enough beds?

Obs !!! I think i have found some of the loonies who have slipped through the net....apparently East Sussex County Council have turned one of their primary/junior  schools into a school that is sympathetic to "transgender" issues & they have even removed urinals for the boys & all the pupils now share unisex toilets.

It does make you wonder what goes through peoples minds to come up with these ideas, with God knows how many related jobs to implement these ideas at mega bucks remuneration no doubt.

• Upvote 1

There's plenty of so-called "normal" folk floating around, that may be considered certifiable. Seems a guy had a sex change op on the NHS (£10,000); and "she" has now decided she wants to change back again, saying "life's too hard as a woman".  Anyone got any super-glue?!  However, the real nutters are the NHS managers who allow this sort of PC nonsense in the first place.

• Upvote 2