It's sad but true

Latchford Locks

We all knew the old stadium was being demolished but looking at these pictures I saw on another local forum I realised it is sadly a case of the sooner the better.

I much prefer my own "Rose Tinted" memories of the Old Lady back in the early 60's.to stay in my memories.

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/other-sites/91410-warrington-wolves-wilderspool-stadium-warrington-july-2014-a.html

In a couple of years it will probably be swallowed up by more yet housing developments.

A better idea at least for part of the land would be a new plot for our Towns War Memorial as somewhere peacefull and fairly quiet and easily accesed by older folk.

Instead of the Traffic Island we now have masquerading as a memorial.

In a couple of years it will probably be swallowed up by more yet housing developments.

A better idea at least for part of the land would be a new plot for our Towns War Memorial as somewhere peacefull and fairly quiet and easily accesed by older folk.

Instead of the Traffic Island we now have masquerading as a memorial.

Sounds like Bridge Street would be ideal then .

Matches at Wilderspool were played with a smile on it's face...The present day game takes itself far too seriously...It seems humour has left the game, if only that aroma of fried onions, burgers and urine could have been bottled, we could have enjoyed our memories of the old ground....Initially when the closure was announced one of the plans was to take the main stand to Wakefield trinity, what happened to that ?....