Turn the other cheek?

observer

I might be wrong, but I thought the State of Israel was born out of a terrorist organisation, one that blew British soldiers up. 

Born out of the enormously powerful US lobby which, by pressurising the UN, drove Britain out of Palestine where the terrorists couldn't, actually.

The same 'Israel First' politicians have shaped American policy in the Middle East ever since .

There were terrorists in the early Israeli set up ,Moshe Dayan  for one ,just as there are former freedom fighters (?) in the Northern Ireland Assembly.

The film Exodus was a glorified Hollywood  "account"  of the birth of modern post war Israel.

Think you'll find many modern nations are born of rebellion or revolution, which then becomes a recognised state by the UN; so in a sense irrelevant to the current situation.  There are plusses and minuses on both sides of the historic argument; but the main reason for the discord imo is religious extremism from both extreme Zionist or muslim factions.

Think we already have "boots on the ground" in the form of the SAS.  Ideally special forces can direct air strikes on the IS, and advise a properly armed Kurdish Army to vapourise these head bangers. After all, they are estimated to be less than 10,000 strong. However, think Iraq needs to be split in to the 3 sectarian groupings now, starting with independence for the Kurds; something I predicted as far back as Blair's Iraq invasion.

Going off on the other tack towards Iraq ,there are dire warnings of concerns about the strength of the Islamic State forces & i wonder are we being dragged slowly but surely into another ground confrontation in the middle east.

Considering that these jihadist nut jobs are the same people that our government was only narrowly thwarted from giving military support to in Syria, they couldn't attack them now, could they?

That would make our leaders look like warmongering idiots...

Well Dave appears quite concerned about it, but somehow I doubt his concern will lead to the deportation of IS supporters in the UK to the new Caliphate; where they can be subjected to shock and awe from the USAF and finally terminated by the Kurds and Assad's Syrians.