Will it make any difference?

observer

Dave has had a cabinet reshuffle, increasing the number of women in Gov - but does it make any difference to voter appeal?  Isn't it policies that attract votes, not personalities?  Labour's idea of recreating the exact proportions of society in terms of gender, ethnicity and disability in politics as well as all our institutions, using positive discrimination is a proven recipe for dumbing down ability, as we've seen from our education system.  In a competitive world we need the best, whatever and whoever they are, and I suggest this requires a meritocratic approach.

Exactly Obs & Labour are still running with the same policy . I did notice one of the ladies, the scouser, with a revealing split in her skirt as she teetered towards Dave's den on her stilettos.....no doubt that was to woo the male voters in the direction of her future leadership qualities.

It is ok putting women into politics if they can do the job but MPs should be chosen on merit not  "eye candy ship".

You must mean Esther McVey or McVile as she is often referred to. One columnist once reported that as long as people are willing to "turn a blind eye to morals, ethics and the truth" then she should do quite well, but she may well have to do it in a different constituency.

Is this the same woman who appears to have practised impersonating Maggie Thatcher?!

Actually Obs, she  is trying to cover up her scouse accent with something a bit more refined and it results in a copy of someone talking who has been deaf for most of her life.

It does not matter what any of the so called leaders do, UKIP will walk the next election

Dithering Dave is incapable of selecting the right person for the job.

Millipede is old liebor rubbish and clegg is in cloud cuckoo land along with several others  I can think of.e

Sincerely hope your right, but I doubt it. When push comes to shove, voters will probably revert to their tribal type. Plus the first past the post system is a huge obstacle for a young Party, and can be used to keep out the Party you don't want EG: In the last Bi-Election, the Tories were bolstered by anti-UKIP Lib Dum voters and Labour luvvies.