Bye bye Mr Smiths .... demolition planned for August

Dizzy

Well it looks like Mr Smith's/Halo (or whatever it's called now) has finally seen it's day and might be demolished in August. 

Only the press notice on the councils website will open for me though, the other two drawing documents return a 'system error'.   I wonder if they are still going to build flats there or something different is going on now. 

http://planning.warrington.gov.uk/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPCRITERIA

:lol:  I wonder what would happen if a private developer did want to build a new cinema there though. 

Would they get planning permission seeing as though the council want to have one further up in their grand designs of Bridge Street/Time Square.  I'd go for the private developer though as it would be quicker and more likely to happen :wink:   

My bet is still probably something like flats though but who would want to live somewhere like that looking out on all the traffic jams and breathing in the car fumes every day.

News to me too.  I can't imagine anyone would get permission for residential there, unless there was another vehicle access.  You couldn't have lots of vehicles trying to get out onto Barbould Street could you?  The link returns an error Dizzy so I will search on the WBC site.

The link returns an error Dizzy so I will search on the WBC site.

I just clicked on the link I posted last night too Ann and it's not working for me either but it WAS as I always check my links work. 

So I went to find the application just as I did last night on WBC's interactive map (that showed the application for demolition and the planning reference last night)  Very strange indeed as it has also gone of the interactive map completely too since last night.  Sods law that it's the one time that I didn't actually scribble the planning application reference down on a bit of paper but there was no need as it was so easy to find yesterday.  All I can remember is that it was a 2014 application (possibly submitted June/July and the demolition was planned for August.

How very strange indeed ...   

That was the consultation period Dizzy.... now that inconvenience is over it will be demolished in August!! :)

Don't think so Baz as I've finally managed to find the planning application again.  You can't find it by post code and it also doesn't show up on the interactive map but if you search on 'LPC Living Ltd' it finds it.  I think that's how I got it the other night.

The copy of the site notice is dated 11 July 2014 so it must have only just gone up and it says any comments have to emailed/sent to Dev Control within 21 days of the site notice date.

Planning Reference 2014/24110

Application Date: 01-Jul-2014

Registration Date: 11-Jul-2014

Applicant  LPC Living Ltd

direct link.... which may or may not work

http://planning.warrington.gov.uk/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=2014/24110&backURL=%3Ca%20href=wphappcriteria.display?paSearchKey=494418%3ESearch%20Criteria%3C/a%3E%20%3E%20%3Ca%20href=%27wphappsearchres.displayResultsURL?ResultID=846673%26StartIndex=1%26SortOrder=APNID%26DispResultsAs=WPHAPPSEARCHRES%26BackURL=%3Ca%20href=wphappcriteria.display?paSearchKey=494418%3ESearch%20Criteria%3C/a%3E%27%3ESearch%20Results%3C/a%3E

"But Mr Dent, the plans have been available in the local planning office for the last nine months."

"Oh yes, well as soon as I heard I went straight round to see them, yesterday afternoon. You hadn't exactly gone out of your way to call attention to them, had you? I mean, like actually telling anybody or anything."

"But the plans were on display ..."

"On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them."

"That's the display department."

"With a flashlight."

"Ah, well the lights had probably gone."

"So had the stairs."

"But look, you found the notice didn't you?"

"Yes," said Arthur, "yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'."

• Upvote 1

It would have been a rogue Vogon, who'd somehow done it all on his own with nobody else knowing and who'd already conveniently left the ship via the escape hatch and was now enjoying his retirement living with his lovely partner Eccentrica Galumbits.