Sign in to follow this  
Dizzy

Warrington's new Radio Station

Front page news...... At last Warrington has it's own a radio station and I hope they have traffic information bulletins on there too so I wont have to have my car tuned into 'Advert' FM to hear the completely wrong information and road names being spouted most of the time for round here :)

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/18656/1/Radio-Warrington-set-to-take-to-airwaves-after-winning-community-licence/Page1.html

I hope so as I often have them on when I'm sat on my pc.  I've got them on now :)

They have just said on their show's news slot that they WILL still be broadcasting on the internet too :)  Marvelous 

That sounds like it could be fun :D

What sort of opportunities do you mean though cos no way will I clean your toilets  :lol: 

That sounds like it could be fun :D

What sort of opportunities do you mean though cos no way will I clean your toilets  :lol:

Presenting, Interviewing, researching, production, driving the van, admin, fundraising etc etc

Not so sure if "new" radio station is the right headline Dizzy - they have been broadcasting seven years.

But will be refreshing to have a proper community station in the town again on the airwaves.

Don't be so picky Gary, I know what I meant  :P  

I was just going to change for you but if I put 'Warrington's New AM Radio Station' someone will only ask why I've said it's only on in the mornings  :lol:

So what shall I change it to ?

It took 7 years hard graft to get the licence- we are NOT going to blow it in one show. Baz is welcome to contribute at any time- as he has in the past few years.

It will be sad to see them leave the Cinnamon Farm Community Centre but I hope that they keep in touch :) They were also an excellent feature of the annual Peel Hall Park fund day with their mobile presence, commentary and music. Wiil the Rock God be in the chair once more for a mega  :mrgreen: show?

Wiil the Rock God be in the chair once more for a mega  :mrgreen: show?

Negotiations have already started!

Hmm, don't know if anyone here can help, but I've just had an email off somebody who's trying to get some info about doing some voluntary work here, but has had no response from emails or voicemails.

Can anyone help?