Potholes

Eagle

I suppose it depends on who's paid to fix them Eagle :lol::wink:

Joking aside the roads don't seem to have been as bad around here as they have done in previous years after the more harsh winters although some of the repairs have broken up again just as they always do.  A few biggies have also been repaired around here in the past few weeks which is good to see although they have been there for quite some time getting bigger.  

I was about to ask how you came to the figure of £1 per pothole but then I read the news article again.  Odd as it does say they have been given and extra £398,367 on top  of the £313,559 they were given in March which totals £711,926 and also that it now equates to £53 per pothole..... but it also says there are 7000 of them which means you are right rather than the DFT :wacko:

Ever thought of applying for a job there or perhaps I just need to read 5 more time which will equal 7... and 7 is a lucky number so maybe it will make some sense to me then :lol:

Time for another lie down in a dark room.................

Does that also apply to potholes on pavements or do we have to have a trip or fall claim to get those sorted.

Did see a bit on the news about it and they have come up with a "better" way of dealing with the potholes. Instead of filling them one at a time they dig several into one large patch and then fill that. Councillor at the scene was quoted as saying "that should last for a few years rather than the one or two that they do at present" (wasn't a warrinton councillor by the way think it was bury or somewhere)

still maybe the money they save on cutting the grass will go towards filling a few more in. (potholes not councillors, the again.......)

In Newton they have recently been trying out a new method of resurfacing the pavements by spraying them with some sort of quick drying tar or bitumen like substance which can be walked on within the hour then spreading a thin layer of chippings & then going over with a roller. The pavements look better because all the previous holes & reinstatements are now covered up by a lovely new surface.

They are now using the same method to resurface the side street road surfaces which will look better for it but i wonder, if  after a few months of being exposed to the British weather, will the new surface become slippery when wet  as it becomes as smooth as my head.

Don't get why thery do not use concreat to repair pot holes?

I think they should start repairing the roads in the North first, as people in the south of Warrington mostly run around in 4 x 4s and they can afford new cars when their old car gets damaged! :)

Concrete would probably break up Coffee especially around the edge joints.

As for South Warrington, you really do need to get over your strange belief that everyone over this way are all rich posh buggers with money to burn lol.  How old is your car ? (if you have one)

Davy, they have used the same method in some of the mainly council areas of Warrington for years now. I remember them doing it in Bewsey but within a few months it had all been dug up again to install the Nynex fibre ductings....

left hand and right hand springs to mind...

Concrete would probably break up Coffee especially around the edge joints.

As for South Warrington, you really do need to get over your strange belief that everyone over this way are all rich posh buggers with money to burn lol.  How old is your car ? (if you have one)

Oh my everyday car is coming up to four years old, for when the sun is out I have my convertible Ferrari which is a year old, need a third car for my ski trips though

As a south warrington dweller, albeit that I do actually live about a mile North of the town centre, i take exception at the assumption that we are all of the idle rich class. I can assure you that is not true quite the opposite in fact, we are the idle poor area, er i mean poor area. in fact where i live is supposed to be one of the more deprived areas of warrington. it is so bad even the gypsys take pity on us.

On the plus side we no longer seem to have many stray dogs around whether that is because of having a dog warden living in the next street or not I would not like to say, (just don't order the crispy duck though)

But seriously if you look at what is classed as south and north warrington then the town centre must be about halfway between halliwell jones stadium and albans retail park.(actually thinking about it it probably is these days. it is getting so that pretty soon anything this side of the 62 will be south warrington)

Now back to potholes. Warrington council have spent quite a lot of money putting in new cycle lanes so that they can appease the two wheeled peddlers, peddelars, cyclists. These people not content with complaining about the speed limits are now up in arms over the fact that the inconsiderate car drivers are now creating potholes making it dangerous for them to ride three and four abreast along the road and what are the council going to do about it they would like to know.

In these times of austerity minor things like the state of the roads that could bring much needed revenue into the area are set aside in favour of the more important expenditure of knocking down a perfectly good market and replacing it with a market? and in an effort to entice businesses into the area a loan of a few million as incentive is much better than resurfacing a road surely. (now removes tongue from cheek and goes and sits in a darkened room until the voices go away or at least make sense)

• Upvote 1

You need to get rid of your old everyday one cos what on earth must all your neighbours think :lol:

I was thinking that too. Replacing it with a helicopter, but the council said they won't let me have a heli pad in the North of Warrington, but they say I can have one in the South, construction starts August the 2nd