The Rogue Vicar of Orford

Tracey Bennett

can't say that i have heard of it but it seems the vicar was trying to get round the subject of not preaching by inviting Sir Arthur. After all HE promised not to preach etc spiritualism and HE didn't but he invited somebody who did.

according to some he sir arthur was concerned with christian spiritualism and it would probably have been this aspect that he talked upon.

In a way it seems a bit hypocritical to believe in the holy ghost and not in the ghosts of "common people" and could well have been the main gist of the sermon/talk. but unless someone has a transcript of the actual talk we will never know.

Ahh yes there is Davy51 just before the Saint Margaret & All Hallows Church at Orford Green going towards Long Lane.  We used to pass it every day and I'd forgotten about that but then the name meant nothing to me before Tracey's post.

Looking at that picture he looks like a sherlock homes villain rather than country reverand. Mind you looking at the title of this topic it could well be the title of a sherlock holmes mystery. Can you not just see watson sitting there pen in hand and that voice saying, It is with great interest that i now relate the strange happenings in a quiet country parish in a case i call "The Rogue Vicar of Orford"