The meaning of life

Not as in "what is it all about" but as in "go to jail do not pass go and do not collect £200" type life.

Just read on the BBC website this morning that a convicted, violent, armed robber serving 13 life sentences and 13 concurrent offences involving an imitation firearm for offences commited over a ten month period between 2001 and 2002,three weeks after being relesed on parole from a 27 year sentence for similar ofences is now on the run after absconding from an "OPEN PRISON"

Givn the nature of the offences it beggers belief that he was let out on parole in the first place. That he then wejnt on a crime spree of violent armed and brutal armed robberies shows that he was not a "reformed person". Sentenced to serve at least 8 years by an old bailey judge he is then sent to an open prison where he was allowed out on day release, from which he did not return, BIG SURPRISE!!!!

I know that I do not always make sensible decisions and some of then have been one hundred percent wrong. but even I can see that there is some flawed thinking behind the ones that allowed this to happen.

Norman Stanley Fletcher would have had a field day if that had happened to him.

Seems that life sentences these days is just a legal term for a slap on the wrist and don't be a naughty boy again.

• Upvote 4

Anyone know what the watershed is for screaming at the telly ? It didn't seem to happen when I were a lad but these days it happens all the time !!! Is it the World gone mad or is it the approach of the Grim Reaper or perhaps the wisdom of ages!

In the meantime "Always look on the bright side of Life" There's a tune to that some where.