20mph zones working well then!

inky pete

The last time we had a similar picture, where the car was completely upside down in the middle of the road, the woman swore blind she was only doing 15 mph. I find it hard to believe that it's possible to do so much damage at such low speeds and it's more likely they got the stop and go peddles a bit mixed up. :)

Bill :)

• Upvote 1

Is it due to speed bumps by any chance ?

Well as it is a "20 Zone" and not a "20mph Speed limit sign" there should be speed humps and speed restricting measures in place according to the department for Transport guidelines..... unfortunately Warrington seem to have got them the wrong way round!

The car was not in a 20 zone

It was barred from entry by a sign and lamppost.

Shows that some people are going to strange efforts to get rid of the waste of money unenforceable stupid zones.

The residents of Stirrup close and drivers who stopped to assist the driver did a great job freeing her quickly and efficiently from her perch.

A car flipped on Ellesmere Road a few years back, it hit the front wing of a parked car on one side of the road then either hit the one on the other side of the road too and flipped or flipped after hitting the first one and hit the other on it's way over.
All in less than 2 car lengths and it wasn't actually the drivers fault... she simply had a funny turn as she was driving  (no pun intended).  Thankfully she was not injured but it made a right mess of the two parked cars. 

She was very lucky really as had the car not been parked on the canal side of the road she would have probably gone through the fence into the MSC and had the other not been on the opposite side she would have probably gone through the front of the houses.  

Another flipped on one of the really small side roads a bit further up, that was a 4x4 an no idea how on earth they managed to do that.  They weren't injured either.

Not really

It was serious at the time as there were thoughts the car could set alight due to smoke and steam

Luckily for the girl, the residents and passing motorists went to her aid and freed her very quickly

Very Well done all of them

Interesting Cllr settle could only take a photo after the event and use it in guardian to foster his current idiotic project about roads.

they could also put up speed cameras and earn a few bob off the ignorant, self important and the just plain stupid :wink:

Indeed.... I mean who would be stupid enough to get caught by a speed camera for heavens sake...... :)

many people do including myself, I was travelling at 34 mph in Wales and got flashed, rightly so as I should have been paying more attention.  As I was so marginally over the limit I was given the option of taking the speed awareness course rather than having any points on my completely unblemished licence.  Now that's my story in its entirety, care to share your scrapes and convictions, or is your record as clean as mine?

many people do including myself, I was travelling at 34 mph in Wales and got flashed, rightly so as I should have been paying more attention.  As I was so marginally over the limit I was given the option of taking the speed awareness course rather than having any points on my completely unblemished licence.  Now that's my story in its entirety, care to share your scrapes and convictions, or is your record as clean as mine?

I have been driving since 1982 and never been convicted of speeding..... despite driving a race tuned mini, 24v Cosworths and other speedy cars..... and I have to say, whenever I go into 20mph zones, I appear to be the only one actually doing 20mph!! :)

Bazj your halo glows at night

or you have been very lucky

PJ  go on the course   it is dear but enlightening to see how many other people have been done for a couple of mph over limit by dumbo cameras particularly at nigh hours or on wide open roads with no traffic.  they keep quoting the Highway Code, but don't even give you a copy.

Unfortunately no human seems capable of looking at camera data and making a decision it is left to the robots to enforce it.

money grabbing rather than road safety I believe.

uda

My other half got 2 speeding tickets within 5 days of each other in Wales both for 35mph on the very same spot on a road with no houses and no fixed speed camera...... clearly a good place for Mr PC to hide further up the slope on the road :wink:

My dad got one for 35mph on the fixed camera on Winwick Road (outside Tesco) at 6am one Sunday morning.  He was the only car on the road in both directions and we were sort of proud of him for actually managing to go that fast :wink::lol:

Bazj your halo glows at night

or you have been very lucky

PJ  go on the course   it is dear but enlightening to see how many other people have been done for a couple of mph over limit by dumbo cameras particularly at nigh hours or on wide open roads with no traffic.  they keep quoting the Highway Code, but don't even give you a copy.

Unfortunately no human seems capable of looking at camera data and making a decision it is left to the robots to enforce it.

money grabbing rather than road safety I believe.

uda

I think you misunderstand me Wahl,, I went on the course which was exactly the same cost as the speeding penalty would have been and, although boring, I realise that I deserved to be there as I should have paid more attention while driving, particularly on an unfamiliar road.  Speeding is speeding no matter what time of day or night you do it, as people aren't on a curfew then they can and are hit by speeding drivers at all times.  There is also the chance that sticking to the limit may stop the driver from crashing and hurting themselves which is probably more likely in poor visibility or if they are tired.

PJ if you ever slip up again you could always slap your make-up on and swear blind it wasn't you.. as long as the police don't ever see the Warrington Worldwide magazine that's out now or read this forum you might be ok :lol:  

Despite doing up to 25000 per year I have no speed convictions, although I was once stopped for doing 50 in a 30.

Anyone seen this http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/11146310.REVEALED__Where_you_are_most_likely_to_be_caught_on_speed_cameras_in_Warrington/

Also this http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/11170998.Police_appeal_after_cyclist_hits_pedestrian_next_to_Bank_Quay_station/?ref=var_0 just shows you do not need to be going fast to be in a serious accident