Gary

Paul Wood back in squad

Are we finally turning a corner??

Yes and it leads to a dead end  :cry:

Thank goodness I'm taking a sabbatical...I wouldn't enjoy it one bit sat there shivering watching that dross...Recruitment has ben abysmal replacing the old players with signings which aren't anywhere near SL standard. No playmaking halfbacks or loose forward, centres who are woefully out of form. People were expecting the kids to step up to the mark but so far none of them has...I may never return...The Championship isn't for me.

I think may be this dual registration system isn't helping ....if you have a few lads at these lower division clubs they will only be getting coached to that level ,so when they need to fit back into our system  they will probably not even be as developed as our academy players who have stayed & played in the Warrington academy team. But they are expected to come back as worldbeaters.

The lack of enthusiasm is to me a symptom of the contract system,correct me if I'm wrong but win,lose, draw or not even play, don't todays players just get the same pay cheque popping through their letterbox each month ?

In the days when winning pay meant a massive difference to losing they had a much bigger incentive to get stuck in and give it their best.

• Upvote 1

They'd have to pay a reasonable basic or the best would be lost to RU, where the players are earning a very lucrative wedge. The cross over from RU to RL has been stemmed...There's not been  decent RU signing for years.

I  think  the main incentive for winning at Warrington must be the amount of high fives for a win compared to a loss...of course if you don't play ,no high fives at all.

I  think  the main incentive for winning at Warrington must be the amount of high fives for a win compared to a loss...of course if you don't play ,no high fives at all.

Not been many high fives at the HJ this term  :mrgreen:

Let us judge the team at the end of the season - a lot of young lads coming through and need time to gell - also filling the Lee Briers void is proving an impossible task at this stage.

Let us judge the team at the end of the season - a lot of young lads coming through and need time to gell - also filling the Lee Briers void is proving an impossible task at this stage.

Get the cheque book out and get Danny Brough  ^_^

Get the cheque book out and get Danny Brough  ^_^

Agree we need the chq book out but we can do alot better than Brough - we need a decent Aussie like saints have with Walsh.

Well that's me told  :lol: