Paul Wood back in squad

Gary

Thank goodness I'm taking a sabbatical...I wouldn't enjoy it one bit sat there shivering watching that dross...Recruitment has ben abysmal replacing the old players with signings which aren't anywhere near SL standard. No playmaking halfbacks or loose forward, centres who are woefully out of form. People were expecting the kids to step up to the mark but so far none of them has...I may never return...The Championship isn't for me.

I think may be this dual registration system isn't helping ....if you have a few lads at these lower division clubs they will only be getting coached to that level ,so when they need to fit back into our system  they will probably not even be as developed as our academy players who have stayed & played in the Warrington academy team. But they are expected to come back as worldbeaters.

The lack of enthusiasm is to me a symptom of the contract system,correct me if I'm wrong but win,lose, draw or not even play, don't todays players just get the same pay cheque popping through their letterbox each month ?

In the days when winning pay meant a massive difference to losing they had a much bigger incentive to get stuck in and give it their best.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...