Are we play-off material?

Topshot

Too many signings have had a detrimental affect on the squad. We went on a 17 match unbeaten run up until the end of November with a relatively settled squad. Since the start of that run we have seen a constant stream of players coming in and it has only served to attempt to fix something that wasn't broken. The team spirit has gone AWOL. Players have become disillusioned, players have left and the "new" batch of players have no affinity with the aims of the club or the team spirit that was created in the first half of the season. I understand that clubs need to evolve and create new challenges to ward off complacency and strengthen but in our case we are now in danger of seeing the season out with a whimper. I hope that we can find our mojo again and win the play-offs but I am getting very twitchy  :|

"Do your research." 

Moogan, Booth, Roberts, Anane, Corrigan, Wright, Guest, Beck, Meakin, Bowen, Tuck, Evans, Ollerenshaw. etc etc ...........................Very unsettling!!!

The players which you've mentioned (or the ones which we have kept, anyway) have added to the team. You're certainly making a "mountain out of a molehill" here, players come and go at a similar rate for most clubs at this level.

You're finding problems that don't exist. Please look at the table and compare it to recent seasons then say we're having problems :)

Curzon have had change too, just not as much as us. But given our issues in some positions (injured strike partnership, Peter Dogans injuries and dodgy temper...) that is to be expected.

• Upvote 1

Second place is the first position of the losers. The play-offs give teams a second chance at promotion but will we beat teams such as Darlington, Lancaster etc. or remain in the 1st Division yet again? If this is the case, then we have failed yet again

Moogan - Not played yet and signed as cover for playoffs

Booth - Played well in first game so adds value

Roberts - played two matches since signing and at 20 someone to keep an eye on

Anane - 100 matches at Conference level added value when played (injured now)

Corrigan - Experienced full back won league with Skem

Wright - full time pro at Fleetwood been in/out but not the worst player

Guest - played more reserve matches than first team now at Runcorn Town

Beck - played 45mins and scored so 100% ratio

Meakin - top scoring midfielder

Bowen - not been great since signing permanently but causes problems off the bench

Evans - couldn't get in ahead of the other striker not even worth a mention played 4 matches I think

Tuck - played off the bench at burscough so hardly a team changer but has a wealth of scoring experience

Ollerenshaw - played every match since replacing Cook and been a good keeper

All in all you don't know what you're talking about and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I'm glad you're not posting on here. You don't look for solutions you look for arguments and look at ways for West to get into the squad all the time (not good enough by the way or he'd be in now). I wouldn't be surprised if you and topshot were the same person, how can finishing in the playoffs be a failure!!! to much dark side on here and not enough positive until someone hammers you on here. Like I said no wonder no one bothers on here anymore, look at previous posts where people used to reply to 5/6 pages long and that when we were mid table every season!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

This is the first time I've read this forum in weeks. What a load of rubbish gets spouted on here, I'm shaking my head in disbelief at some of the things written here. Robocop, I think that goes a long way to explain why no one has commented on here, a number of us, including myself, have been praising the team on supporters Facebook and twitter forums, on a well deserved win and a class performance

Well by my reckoning with Farsley losing at Darlington we have qualified for the play offs whatever happens now - three points at home against Prescott tomorrow and pretty much certain of a home play off place as well in the semi-final.

This is the first time Warrington Town have qualified for the play offs.

Lets focus on the positives as going into the play-offs means the promotion dream is still very much alive - considering we beat the Champions away last week.

Just got to hope the officials we get aren't blind!

Ramsbottom are beatable, despite yesterdays result. Two of our four games against Curzon have supplied solid proof that we can play very well in big games too. I'm certainly not panicking. It's getting a bit irritating that we exaggerate every loss!

It's more than likely that Ramsbottom will be in the play-offs ____and they have just beaten us

Point made?

So we lose, and the first thing on your mind is to go onto our forum for a "told you so"? Interesting insight to your motives...

...and I'd also dispute whether losing in the last three minutes thanks to the decisions of a referee who, by all accounts from both sides, had selective vision, can really be thought of as a loss and be commented on in that way

Please don't get me wrong - I'm not out to see Warrington lose so that I can make a comment - I follow them to every match whether they win or lose. Today they played good football along the ground throughout the first half. The second half saw more long balls and allowed Prescot back into the game but thanks to Big Ben's wonder goal ...