They're bringing back the Threepenny bit

P J

Whta gets me is the fact that they say that at least 3% of all pound coins are fakes. Still it must be worth it faking pound coins or else they would not be doing it. Does make you wonder though how much it costs to fake a pound coin, presumably less than a pound or else it would be pointless faking them.

Dizzy once posted some pictures of her threepenny bits on here, they were in really nice nick, especially for their age :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Blummin' heck PJ what a thing to read at 8.30 in the morning.  I've just about got my breath back now :lol:

As for forging £1 coins the WG has a pic of someone on that the police are trying to trace for that very reason. 

I rather like the new design and I wonder what the 'state-of-the-art technology' is that's incorporated into it to ensure it can be authenticated.

No idea what I'd like to see on the other side of it though and I couldn't even tell you what's on all the current coins without looking.